British Comedy Guide

Why does anyone need religion? Page 22

Quote: Nogget @ April 24 2013, 3:05 PM BST

You can't see them, and you can't* physically attack each other, so while you might move quietly away from a nutter on a bus for fear of what might happen, online you can't see that they haven't washed in a year and are drinking cheap cider, because their words 'look' and smell identical to everyone else's; so you feel you have to answer their insults, and what's more, it's absolutely safe to do so.

*actually people have met up for fights in real life.

I had no idea that happened. It's bizarre.

A great new internet business for someone though - edisharmony... 'Meet up with like minded individuals for a punch up. We'll find your perfect match'

I suppose, though, like all 'problems' it's dependent on the amount of time in your life it takes up. Time magnifies problems. Fascinating though.

Quote: zooo @ April 24 2013, 3:03 PM BST

Well, I never!

That's kind of his point.

Quote: Lee @ April 24 2013, 3:23 PM BST

That's kind of his point.

Lmfao

Laughing out loud

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 24 2013, 1:42 PM BST

One of the things I often ask religious folks about is what they expect in the afterlife.

Pretty much uniformly they expect to see their loved ones again. Which is nice. But their theories tend to fall apart a bit when you press them on the details.

For example, what age are you in "heaven"?

Which loved ones do you get to meet?

If Fred West loved his kids, do they have to spend eternity in his company, even if they hated him?

What if I spend 20 years married to one woman, she dies, then I spend another 20 years married to another. Do I get to live with both of them when I die? What if they didn't get on?

What if my parents had a kid that died before me and my sister were born? Do I have to spend eternity as the middle child with some kid I never even met? Is the dead kid doomed to knock about heaven as a two-year old forever?

It's a bit of a headf**k and I wouldn't mind hearing what the religious/believing types in this thread think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3wUcBEgjlg

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 23 2013, 7:30 PM BST

What if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us?

Laughing out loud

Marvy! this should finally get the wretched kids off my back! By the time their parents step in, I'll be a blood donor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKV2Z3eYTY (skip to around 7mins)

That's...oh my...just...brilliantly shit.

:D

What were you searching for to find this piece of cinematic genius?

fisting? Jesus?

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 30 2013, 9:22 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKV2Z3eYTY (skip to around 7mins)

That's totally unrealistic. Piranha are native to South America. How on earth would Jesus, a Palestinian, have access to them?

And where's the bread?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 1 2013, 6:11 AM BST

That's totally unrealistic. Piranha are native to South America. How on earth would Jesus, a Palestinian, have access to them?

Laughing out loud

I keep trying to add a comment in the light of recent events but keep failing to add anything that would make any sense.

I say again 'Why does anyone need religion?

I don't and life goes on . . . .