British Comedy Guide

Why does anyone need religion? Page 18

So Pingl, do you believe there are lots of gods out there, some Hindu ones, some other ones, etc, etc. Or do you believe there is just one - you just don't know/don't need to know what form he or she takes?

(You don't have to answer, obviously, if you're sick of this whole thread by now.)

One God. All the same God as far as I'm concerned, Christian, Jewish, Muslim all Monotheistic religions. Even the Hindu's say though God has many forms he is really just one God. The major figures of these sects though admirable such as Jesus and Mohammed, have, in my opinion, become political forces of unnecessary division. Though much in their teaching is admirable they have become divisive and aren't really necessary if you believe in God. God is God he needs no salesmen or women. You only need believe in God there really is no need to prescribe to some organisation to validate that belief. Or of course not believe in God, totally up to the individual, I just happen to believe

Quote: Pingl @ April 23 2013, 6:55 PM BST

One God. All the same God as far as I'm concerned, Christian, Jewish, Muslim all Monotheistic religions. Even the Hindu's say though God has many forms he is really just one God. The major figures of these sects though admirable such as Jesus and Mohammed, have, in my opinion, become political forces of unnecessary division. Though much in their teaching is admirable they have become divisive and aren't really necessary if you believe in God. God is God he needs no salesmen or women. You only need believe in God there really is no need to prescribe to some organisation to validate that belief. Or of course not believe in God, totally up to the individual, I just happen to believe

Thanks! T'is interesting. Shame more believers don't think like that, really.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 23 2013, 7:00 PM BST

As well as a supporter of Enoch Powell Whistling nnocently

The way I see it is this. A place in another dimension is full of souls. The dimension is full of layers. There are low souls at the bottom layers and working your way up the souls get better , purer and more advanced and important in the higher levels. Nearer to the top are your angels and then finally at the very top is were God and or Jesus resides. About 99% of souls will never reach this top layer so most of us won't ever actually get to meet him. We simply couldn't cope with being in his presence as his magnificence would overwhelm us.

Where we are now is just a place some souls go to be in a physical body for a while. It's just like a vacation for souls! Whilst here if we achieve great things and act in a decent humane way , this goes to making our souls better and more advanced when we return back to our real home - the dimension , or "heaven" if you want to give it a name.

Chances are me and you chose to be born here , we want to better our souls through the challenges and trials of life on earth. This could help our souls move up to a higher level when we return to heaven again.

We must have been f**king mental

Ooh it's like Sonic the Hedgehog.

What if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us?

Quote: lofthouse @ April 23 2013, 7:18 PM BST

The way I see it is this. A place in another dimension is full of souls. The dimension is full of layers. There are low souls at the bottom layers and working your way up the souls get better , purer and more advanced and important in the higher levels. Nearer to the top are your angels and then finally at the very top is were God and or Jesus resides. About 99% of souls will never reach this top layer so most of us won't ever actually get to meet him. We simply couldn't cope with being in his presence as his magnificence would overwhelm us.

Where we are now is just a place some souls go to be in a physical body for a while. It's just like a vacation for souls! Whilst here if we achieve great things and act in a decent humane way , this goes to making our souls better and more advanced when we return back to our real home - the dimension , or "heaven" if you want to give it a name.

Chances are me and you chose to be born here , we want to better our souls through the challenges and trials of life on earth. This could help our souls move up to a higher level when we return to heaven again.

We must have been f**king mental

Thats a lot closer to Hinduism or taoiusm

Buddhism as well

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 23 2013, 7:30 PM BST

What if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us?

I guess he'd shuffle his feet

I wonder... do people really need religion or is it more like the other way round? I mean, if we spent our childhood listening to people teaching us to come to terms with death and the idea of being as mortal as little ants -rather than to people teaching us to fear a God who in return promises eternal life... what would it be like?

I've got a silver Christening spoon from back when I was Christened. I'm still not sure what part a spoon played in the ceremony. It's a nice spoon, though.

I bet you wore a nice white lacy dress too.

I pawned my Christening spoon in my dissolute youth, probably spent the money on drink and recreational drugs. :$

HAHAHAHAHA! You're mental!

Quote: lofthouse @ April 23 2013, 7:18 PM BST

HAHAHAHAHA! You're mental too!

Seriously. Let's just make up some shit and go with it shall we?

I believe that the BCG is actually a conduit for God to speak to mortal man. Orange Mark makes the sun rise in the morning and Aaron is actually the immortal Wandering Jew and brother to Moses, here to teach us all the value of correct spelling and grammar on internet forums. All we have to do to to attain immortality is eat a Greggs pasty every day and wank over a photograph of Winona Ryder on Sundays.

Before the internet, Greggs and Winona Ryder, time didn't exist.

I demand you all respect my beliefs.

EDIT: Oh, and zooo is a virgin.

I think keV that's over the top its neither funny nor fair argument

And neither pingl nor pope lofty have said anything that ridiculous

I think if you're trying to be the new RCP he at least made the effort to try to be entertaining and witty

Much of the time you come across as a primary school bully

But God forgives you

I think keV that's over the top its neither funny nor fair argument

And neither pingl nor pope lofty have said anything that ridiculous

I think if you're trying to be the new RCP he at least made the effort to try to be entertaining and witty

Much of the time you come across as a primary school bully

But God forgives you