British Comedy Guide

Jimmy Savile Page 42

Quote: Aaron @ October 19 2012, 11:35 PM BST

That is an argument for less taxation, not enfranchising children.

Tax is theft.

Theft is theft, tax is nothing without ticks.

That is an argument for less taxation, not enfranchising children.

Tax is theft.

What would you have instead, to fund things?

Tax is theft.

That makes you an Anarcho-capitalist then ?

It's a state-authorised theft that we tolerate, up to a certain limit, because it is (in part) fed back into public services ostensibly for our benefit.

I wouldn't go as far as anarchy, OR, no. That would be ... well, anarchy.

I see Wilfred Bramble is in the frame now

You dirty ole....

My nana always used to say there was something weird about him

Yeah but that's 'cos he was gay and old people think that's dodgy.

Was he not once 'had up' for pestering somebody in a public toilet? Don't think it was a child, though.

Well if Bramble's in trouble you can add about every gay comic ever, Howerd, Williams et al. Plus Gielgud and anyone else who was had up when it was illegal to be gay. These names all seem to be a bit arbitary and obvious targets in some ways.

Nothing to do with him being gay - there's a specific accusation:

"Steptoe and Son actor Wilfrid Brambell last night became the latest BBC star accused of child sex abuse.

"Two men claimed the late actor molested them when they were children in Jersey in the early 1970s."

Quote: lofthouse @ October 20 2012, 5:54 PM BST

Nothing to do with him being gay - there's a specific accusation:

"Steptoe and Son actor Wilfrid Brambell last night became the latest BBC star accused of child sex abuse.

"Two men claimed the late actor molested them when they were children in Jersey in the early 1970s."

Oh well that's different. God, will they be able to repeat anything on TV once this is all over?

Quote: Pingl @ October 20 2012, 5:58 PM BST

Oh well that's different. God, will they be able to repeat anything on TV once this is all over?

Ha! Good question.

Quote: Pingl @ October 20 2012, 5:58 PM BST

Celebrities not accused I hope are accused of bad sexing with the kids so they can stay off the f**king telly for ever:

1 Ainsley Harriott
2 Jim Davidson
3 That clown for learning disabled kids whose a little bit chubby
4 Anthea Staplegun
5 Cliff Richard
6 God
7 Terry and June
8 Every footballer
9 Any standup comic from Iran
10 East enders.

A soap star has also been mentioned

Could be eastenders you never know

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Not good enough I want to hear that they all queued up in the Queen Vic and tag f**ked Well 'ard.
That every episode ever made is to be destroyed, the sets burned and the title expunged from history.

Quote: sootyj @ October 20 2012, 6:26 PM BST

Not good enough I want to hear that they all queued up in the Queen Vic and tag f**ked Well 'ard.
That every episode ever made is to be destroyed, the sets burned and the title expunged from history.

can we include Corrie and Emmerdale in that list?