British Comedy Guide

Jimmy Savile Page 34

Quote: sootyj @ October 13 2012, 11:36 PM BST

You win two sootyj nail on the head awards in a row

"hopes Aaron breaks his leg so he can win a Parasootyj nail on the head award"

You're top of the page! *snigger*

Quote: sootyj @ October 13 2012, 10:35 PM BST

It's the complacency, the nodding and winking that leads to so much harm. Sometimes you have to speak out...

The Daily Mirror columnist Fiona Phillips wrote a telling piece today, outlining some of the sexual assaults she has experienced in the workplace. It seems that it is a lot more common than the public generally thinks, because women are scared and intimidated by social stigma and male-oriented societal "values", (I use the term loosely) and find it understandably difficult and stressful to make a stand against such behaviour. In our society, historically, the whistleblower is usually made an outcast.. and this is surely wrong.

So.. if anything good can come from this whole Savile/BBC/male sex pest débâcle, it is that, in the future, women may feel more empowered to come forward and make a stand against this horrendous treatment to which they are habitually subjected. I, for one, really hope that this will be the case.

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 14 2012, 12:30 AM BST

"hopes Aaron breaks his leg so he can win a Parasootyj nail on the head award"

Then he may have to take a parasootemal >_<

Quote: keewik @ October 14 2012, 12:57 AM BST

You're top of the page! *snigger*

V

:)

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ October 14 2012, 1:04 AM BST

Then he may have to take a parasootemal >_<

:D

It's not often I agree with Stylee.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 14 2012, 1:03 AM BST

The Daily Mirror columnist Fiona Phillips wrote a telling piece today, outlining some of the sexual assaults she has experienced in the workplace. It seems that it is a lot more common than the public generally thinks, because women are scared and intimidated by social stigma and male-oriented societal "values", (I use the term loosely) and find it understandably difficult and stressful to make a stand against such behaviour. In our society, historically, the whistleblower is usually made an outcast.. and this is surely wrong.

So.. if anything good can come from this whole Savile/BBC/male sex pest débâcle, it is that, in the future, women may feel more empowered to come forward and make a stand against this horrendous treatment to which they are habitually subjected. I, for one, really hope that this will be the case.

Absolutely, wholeheartedly agree. That is exactly right.

:| Soo agree with that Stylee, been going on for too long.

He never fixed a thing for me & I sent in a photo. I now have a complex!

;) A lucky escape- what did you ask for??...

To sing with Limahl or however you spell it.

Quote: Charley @ October 14 2012, 8:36 AM BST

To sing with Limahl or however you spell it. Also to have a puff on his jewellery and jangle his baubles

Should have trued glitter

[quote

Limahl the never ending story that ended quickly thank God. Last seen on celebrity brick laying on Dave plus 7 minus one

Quote: Charley @ October 14 2012, 8:36 AM BST

To sing with Limahl or however you spell it.

Maybe Llamal (sp) was Too Shy to meet you Charley ;)

I thought yo u were a nice man andi thought you were a girl

I thought yo u were a nice man andi thought you were a girl