British Comedy Guide

Duty Free

Duty Free ranks in my top 5 of all sitcoms, British or otherwise. I remember it well when I watched it when it was originally transmitted in the mid 80s. I was only around 14 at the time. Just recently I purchased this wonderful sitcom on DVD. It's just as I remember it, if not better then when I had first seen it all those years ago. I have to say the one thing that strikes me about Duty Free is the superb acting by all four leads - Gwen Taylor, Keith Barron, Joanna Van Gyseghem and Neil Stacy.

Pretty much every episode I really enjoyed apart from one.

Would be very interested to hear from fellow members what they think of this timeless masterpiece.

Gwen Taylor was bloody fantastic in that show.

Anyway, I'm sure there's already a thread about Duty Free.

Expect your collar to be felt by the forum rozzers anytime now.

I apologise I am a newbie.

Ignorance of the law is no defence!

S'okay, they will prolly let you off.

Just this once.

It had a run on ITV3 in the afternoon not too long ago. Watchable, but the best thing about it was probably the theme tune.

Quote: lofthouse @ November 15 2011, 7:13 PM GMT

Ignorance of the law is no defence!

S'okay, they will prolly let you off.

Just this once.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

It's bloody awful. A gloomy comedy-free sitcom. None of the characters are nice, it's just depressing.

Quote: Gemmaluisa @ June 3 2013, 5:20 PM BST

It's bloody awful. A gloomy comedy-free sitcom. None of the characters are nice, it's just depressing.

How is it in any way depressing??

It's an Eric Chappell penned comedy isn't it? Can't say I've ever seen it but would be interested to see it.

It's one of those shows were with lesser actors it could have been poor

But the two main actors Keith Baron and Gwen Taylor are so fantastic - it's a triumph!

Quote: Will Carter @ June 4 2013, 4:31 PM BST

It's an Eric Chappell penned comedy isn't it? Can't say I've ever seen it but would be interested to see it.

It is, yes.

Complete DVD set not too pricey.

Product artwork - buy at Amazon
See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/GENCS/26/55/-/3317260/Duty_Free_The_Complete_Series_Box_Set/Product.html]