British Comedy Guide

The News getting upset about that gagging order Page 8

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 21 2011, 6:30 PM BST

True. Maybe she loves him? Or maybe it's not him? Who knows for sure.

Whoever it is, he's got some balls taking on the internet.

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2011, 6:29 PM BST

But with the divorce laws the way they seem to be at the moment, she could have just as much money if she divorced him. Especially if he cheated.

Why do you take such a hard line on cheaters, zooo? What's that all about? There are worse things in the world.

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2011, 6:57 PM BST

Why do you take such a hard line on cheaters, zooo? What's that all about? There are worse things in the world.

Of course there are, but it's not as if we're only allowed to take a hard line on one thing!

I've got a whole list. :)

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2011, 6:25 PM BST

But why do they stick around?

Because their relationship might be more complicated than we know?

Surely not? ;)
That goes without saying, really. But it happens so often, it does make cheating look acceptable.
Hey, maybe it is and I'm some kind of freak.

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2011, 6:57 PM BST

Basically Chip likes to throw his balls around.

Maybe anyone getting involved with such a bloke knows from the start that he's likely to cheat, and has already partially come to terms with that? These guys seem to live a pretty peculiar lifestyle, trophy house, trophy wife, and, erm, trophies, perhaps any relationship with them is going to be equally deep and meaningful, i.e., as shallow as the grave he should be buried in?

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2011, 7:38 PM BST

Surely not? ;)
That goes without saying, really. But it happens so often, it does make cheating look acceptable.
Hey, maybe it is and I'm some kind of freak.

Quote: Nogget @ May 21 2011, 7:44 PM BST

Maybe anyone getting involved with such a bloke knows from the start that he's likely to cheat, and has already partially come to terms with that? These guys seem to live a pretty peculiar lifestyle, trophy house, trophy wife, and, erm, trophies, perhaps any relationship with them is going to be equally deep and meaningful, i.e., as shallow as the grave he should be buried in?

You may have a point. For some of them, at least.

Quote: Nogget @ May 21 2011, 7:44 PM BST

as shallow as the grave he should be buried in?

Bit over the top.

And men (and women) cheat whether they're footballers or work in Tesco.

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2011, 6:22 PM BST

His wife looks much better.

Don't you automatically hate anyone who appears in Nuts, zooo?

And, moving on, why isn't Giggs seen as a heartthrob nowadays? Is it because he's not got his curly locks? Is that how fickle women are?!

Yes

yes it is

well said that man

shame on you women

shame on you all

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 21 2011, 7:46 PM BST

Bit over the top.

Well these people are extremely successful, so naturally I'm stupidly envious.

Brave move by the Sunday Herald.

http://twitpic.com/50z730

I think that the name is now so widely in the public domain that they'll get away with it.
But I'd like to have a chat with his lawyers. I know footballers aren't the brightest bunch but how on earth did they persuade him that trying to sue a US based company (extra territorial and juidicial so any judgment won't be enforceable) was a good idea and wouldn't either hold him up to complete riducle or rile people so much that the twitterati would go into overdrive and retweet his name?

He just looks like such a whiny, weasely idiot now. Worse than he'd have looked if it had just come out as normal.
Most of us would have forgotten all about it by now.