British Comedy Guide

NJ: Despotic Regime Overthrow 4U

Trabs' advert for weapons beat me...

Dan

=============================
DESPOTIC REGIME OVERTHROW 4U
=============================
MILES:
Libya are the latest Arab country to commence fighting for freedom from a dictatorship. And, if we've learnt anything, it's that ten years of crazy, despotic rule really didn't do the UK any good.

GRAMS:HEART-RENCHING ADVERT

V/O:
Do you find it hard to keep up with your neighbours? Jealous of all the stuff they have and want it for yourself? Terrified that you may *never* get it? Then ring 'Despotic Regime Overthrow 4U' now!

GRAMS:ACCIDENT-INSURANCE MUSIC BACKGROUND

V/O (CONT'D):
Why reinvent the wheel, by internetless process yourself? We've had literally *weeks* of experience! In places like Egypt! Bahrain! We're even making lots of noise in Libya!

Don't get incarcerated, maimed or killed yourself! Outsource your democratic ambitions by calling us now!

(SERIOUS) Tunisia here was treated to over 23 years of restricted political rights...

TUNISIA:
(SAD) After years of repression, I really couldn't cope anymore. (UPBEAT) But then with a single call to 'Despotic Regime Overthrow 4U', I learned I was entitled to lump sum equality and liberation! I was thrilled!

V/O:
We'll ship in busloads of our minimum-wage employees, who'll happily chant, sing and set themselves on fire at your plight! They're more than happy to help! We force them to do it for your own good! Don't take our word for: ask Maryka!

MARYKA:
(OUT OF BREATH) You get to travel lots. And not by public transport. You literally run all the time. At things, away from things. I know I've been forced to say it but I do love this job. It's perfect if you are devoid of irony!

V/O:
So, if you've been led by one of the H-8 group of aging dictators, don't delay! Ring 'Despotic Regime Overthrow 4U' now!

SMALLPRINT:
Despotic lunacy can go up as well as down. You may lose your country if you do not keep up protestation. Consult your own military risk consultant for advice. Side-effects include incarceration, torture and fighting for asylum.

END

It's not really clear who would actually call Despotic Regime Overthrow 4u. And the more you think about it, the less sense it makes. To me, anyway.

Stop ruining my sketches with your bloomin' rationality...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 25 2011, 10:35 AM GMT

Stop ruining my sketches with your bloomin' rationality...

Dan

My aim is to make you a better Dan.

That's contrary to your previous aim of making me a complete failure. I feel like you're an ex-girlfriend...

Dan