British Comedy Guide

London Comedy Writers' Festival 2011 Page 5

Any idea when the one-pager comp results are gonna be announced? I can't wait to get my rejection through for that one!

Quote: Marooned @ March 19 2011, 2:19 PM GMT

Stephen, did you enter something?

No, haven't quite got the hang of twitter yet. It'll always be 1996 in my head.

Quote: Flaner @ March 20 2011, 1:51 AM GMT

Any idea when the one-pager comp results are gonna be announced? I can't wait to get my rejection through for that one!

There was only 95 entries, so it might not be long.

Quote: Feeoree @ March 20 2011, 10:16 AM GMT

There was only 95 entries, so it might not be long.

Ouch. So my odds are good? That makes the rejection taste so much sweeter.

Anyone else going to this tomorrow?

Rob Grant, one of the MOST sought after comedy writer guru/instructors is teaching a FREE workshop tomorrow night (March 22nd) for delegates of the comedy Writers Festival.

This is a MUST BE THERE type of event. His course tend to cost £500 or more so this is a deal of a freaking life time!

Worth the admission fee alone. Cool

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 21 2011, 11:48 AM GMT

Anyone else going to this tomorrow?

Worth the admission fee alone. Cool

I'm on my way...! Well, not quite yet.

I'd have so gone to that if I already had my ticket.

Sadly, I'm not getting mine until Friday. That's only if I've got the spare money too. Aghh.

How should us BCGers distinguish ourselves from 'the rest'? Suggestions?

I mostly lurk on here and I've bought a ticket...

Not sure what that proves.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 22 2011, 10:49 AM GMT

How should us BCGers distinguish ourselves from 'the rest'? Suggestions?

I suggest mini-skirts.

By the way, not sure it's been mentioned on here yet: Sky's Lucy Lumsden; and the BBC's Simon Wilson are also now attending the festival, so a chance to hear from the commissioners themselves what they want.

Quote: Griff @ March 22 2011, 10:51 AM GMT

I don't think there'll be a 'rest'. I'd be surprised if there was anyone buying a ticket who doesn't at least lurk on here.

You'd be surprised. I went to the London Screenwriters Festival and met up with loads of comedy writers that didn't know about this place. Don't worry, I told them all about it. Although, none of them have joined. Errr

Miniskirt it is.

I'm going to be wearing a 'I'm with stupid' t-shirt, so please can someone stand next to me for the duration of the festival?

Quote: Flaner @ March 22 2011, 4:01 PM GMT

I'm going to be wearing a 'I'm with stupid' t-shirt, so please can someone stand next to me for the duration of the festival?

See if you can get a photo with Rob Grant when you're wearing that!

So who went? There were 30-40 odd. Brilliant to hear tips and advise from someone who has actually been very successful in comedy. Lot's of personal points that you won't get from a lot of the unsuccessful teachers.

I couldn't go. Gutted, but had tickets for something that I got months ago.

Dan