British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 51

Quote: KLRiley @ March 10 2011, 6:33 PM GMT

Well done to those who have something on. Doesn't make the hurt any less. So I suppose we can start the reject thread as I am now released from my pact with radiati0n

Gosh, now I feel guilty for having forgotten all about that! Guess that means I'll have to post my rejects once I know what actually makes it on the show (a correction judging by my place on the list).

Now, given that I listen on iPlayer wondering if I'll manage to listen to it straight thru or cave and skip straight to me 7 seconds worth...

Quote: radiat10n @ March 10 2011, 9:48 PM GMT

Gosh, now I feel guilty for having forgotten all about that! Guess that means I'll have to post my rejects once I know what actually makes it on the show (a correction judging by my place on the list).

Now, given that I listen on iPlayer wondering if I'll manage to listen to it straight thru or cave and skip straight to me 7 seconds worth...

I'll let you off.

Gosh its great to have made such an impact round here...

Mine was the idea to take 'NewsFox' to the left. It was (understandably) heavily-rewritten but they kept in a couple of the 'NewsFox!' lines, which was nice.

Good episode tonight. I laughed lots. And they did a couple of recurring stuff, which is new! I don't remember them ever doing that before.

Dan

Quote: Trabs @ March 10 2011, 6:17 PM GMT

I have something on there. Sounds like there's a good chance of me fulfilling my dream of getting "fanny" read out on Radio 7. Well done everyone who has got stuff on.

Nice sketch, Trabs. Everyone seemed to love your fanny etc etc

Quote: Trabs @ March 10 2011, 6:17 PM GMT

I have something on there. Sounds like there's a good chance of me fulfilling my dream of getting "fanny" read out on Radio 7. Well done everyone who has got stuff on.

I see your fanny, and raise you an "ass". (I was hoping to raise you an upstanding member, but so far it looks like my MEP expenses/viagara gag isn't in there...)

Relieved to discover my open door show run is still going and congrats to the others who got in this week. Everyone else, don't give up for week 6.

Quote: RJ @ March 10 2011, 11:13 PM GMT

Nice sketch, Trabs. Everyone seemed to love your fanny etc etc

Thank you. :D

Anybody think the show tonally felt slightly different this week? I noticed a shift around in personnel on the team, wonder if it resulted in a slightly different feel to the show. As Dan said about the recurring sketches. I really liked the cigarettes under the counter sketch. Chantoozie who posts on here seems to have had a high hit-rate this series, I was wondering if that was hers, she's had some good stuff on there the last few eps, some very accomplished sketches.

Did anybody here send in the The Little Miss Princess sketch? I sent one in, but it was very different to the one that was broadcast.

Quote: The Producer @ March 11 2011, 12:36 AM GMT

I see your fanny, and raise you an "ass". (I was hoping to raise you an upstanding member, but so far it looks like my MEP expenses/viagara gag isn't in there...)

So far my rude word bingo on Newsjack has seen me get a "fanny" a "tits" and an "arse" on the last six episodes.

Me and JP sent in a Mr Man story, but it was Prince Andrew as the 'hero' (using the term loosely). Will post in Critique. I bet they got a few, but it did make me laugh.

EDIT: I tried to get Aled Jones to say 'c**t' in my ep 1 sketch, but he resorted to <bleeping bleep>.

Dan

Quote: Trabs @ March 11 2011, 9:52 AM GMT

Did anybody here send in the The Little Miss Princess sketch? I sent one in, but it was very different to the one that was broadcast.

I sent one in too. I shall have to bloody well listen to the show now and see what the one they used was like!

Just found out that they used my joke, "There aren't many footballers of Ashley Cole's calibre, .22 I believe", as a Newsjack App, unfortunately, I was uncredited so an email has been sent.

:)

They did use that. I thought I'd heard it before somewhere.

Dan

So I had one joke in Series 3, now it's two in Series 4, if it ever makes it to series 50 or so at this rate I'll be writing the whole shebang!

Very strong show, I thought this week. Lots of big laughs...

I've been highly motivated for the final episode this week. I've already written and sent off three sketches.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 11 2011, 12:10 PM GMT

I've been highly motivated for the final episode this week. I've already written and sent off three sketches.

Bit early isn't it, old chap?

Congrats to all who got stuff on :)