British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 47

Thanks Badge.

Christ it was a throwaway one-liner - why am I editing it like it's a f*cking screenplay.

Quote: Frantically @ March 7 2011, 9:41 PM GMT

I have to work on them.

Laughing out loud to Shandonbelle but I think Frantically's 'edited' submission is winning hands down at the moment!

Quote: Griff @ March 7 2011, 9:53 PM GMT

Kate Middleton's giving us all an extra one this year.

Nice one!

Thanks Humberfloob.

My girlfriend used to get annoyed about me having to work Bank Holidays, but recently she's seemed quite pleased to have me out of the house, which is nice.

Quote: Humberfloob @ March 7 2011, 8:24 PM GMT

Bank Holidays are like erections . . .'

The older you get the more you'd like to see.

Laughing out loud

And true.

Laughing out loud
Does this mean the Queen's giving us an extra one next year? Huh?

I don't imagine one will be giving them out like smarties ;)

'Bank Holidays are like erections . . .'

:D

It's not easy getting off when the main arteries are blocked.

'Bank Holidays are like erections . . .'

If you're a working woman, you can't wait for them to come.

:D

Win!

If there isn't at least one Klingon joke on a topical comedy show this week, I'd be very surprised.

I've come up with one funny line this week. So why am I sending them ten?

I sent 3 sketches off last night, but I had a nagging doubt about a weak joke in the opening to one of them. A couple of hours ago, a new story started popping up that would fit right into that sketch. One swift rewrite, the weak joke is gone, the new story works better, and all is good. Except it's too late for the deadline, right?

Anyone have any experience of this situation? Is it worth sending them the rewrite, and saying, look, if you're gonna use it, this one is better.

I can use the same line as a correction if need be, so I could send it before Tuesday's deadline.

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 8 2011, 1:44 AM GMT

I sent 3 sketches off last night, but I had a nagging doubt about a weak joke in the opening to one of them. A couple of hours ago, a new story started popping up that would fit right into that sketch. One swift rewrite, the weak joke is gone, the new story works better, and all is good. Except it's too late for the deadline, right?

Anyone have any experience of this situation? Is it worth sending them the rewrite, and saying, look, if you're gonna use it, this one is better.

I can use the same line as a correction if need be, so I could send it before Tuesday's deadline.

I would say do it definitely. If they find a better line than yours to insert into your sketch they will do so I can't see why they wouldn't insert *your* better line into *your* sketch. You're not sending in a new sketch so I doubt they'd be Nazis about it.