British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 35

Quote: StephenM @ February 28 2011, 12:02 AM GMT

"Good morning all, just a quickie to say please keep the sketches coming. Don't let the week 4 lull claim you!"

What on earth are you doing?

I know this thread exists at least in part to offer encouragement to each other but that's just saying 'Congratulations' over and over again through gritted teeth (I can't actually bring myself to type those words, so just cut and paste them from a Cliff Richards website). It's not actually telling people that there's still a chance of getting stuff on because NewsJack is as much a numbers game as it is a talent contest!

(You could at least have posted at 11.45am or something)

Nothing from me this week (hopefully a couple of one-liners will come into my brain by tomorrow though) as, if I'm doing anything, it will be making sure I actually have a 15-minute sitcom by the end of the day! Which seems increasingly unlikely...

I've sent in three sketches this week. One about the Irish elections, a second referencing the Charlie Sheen/Two and a Half Men rant, and a third sketch which rather than covering the Oscars which I suspect a lot of people will be doing, covers the Razzies.

I've done sweet fanny adams this week.

Quote: chipolata @ February 28 2011, 10:10 AM GMT

I've done sweet fanny adams this week.

Really, what is she like? I heard that she's a real goer.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 28 2011, 10:11 AM GMT

Really, what is she like? I heard that she's a real goer.

Pop that off as a one liner tomorrow, Wolf!

One sketch from me sent off. Struggled to come up with material this week.

I sent off my first sketch this week. Have no idea whether it's good or not. Curse my over-critical brain.

Edit: got a couple of childish one liners cooking though, so...that's good...

Having pre-empted a story that appeared on the ITN news today I'm going for 'failed Newsjack writer wins lottery' next week...

Quote: Trabs @ February 28 2011, 11:28 AM GMT

One sketch from me sent off. Struggled to come up with material this week.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way.

Why did the Libyans choose Newsjack season to overthrow the crazy fella? He's been in power for about fifty years -- what's a few more weeks of oppression? Attention seekers the lot of them.

Quote: chipolata @ February 28 2011, 10:20 AM GMT

Pop that off as a one liner tomorrow, Wolf!

I've made a note of it. Pleased

I've spent the weekend at the in laws. Guess how many jokes I've come up with this week...

Just sent something in. Oooooh.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 28 2011, 9:50 PM GMT

Just sent something in. Oooooh.

Is that a first time effort for you? or an oooooh as in what have I done ??

Not the first time, but always exciting not knowing how disappointed I'll be Thursday. ;)