British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 32

I knew my arms peddling Libya would pay off.

Well done yous lot( or should I say NewsLot...sorry!)...again! :)

Congrats everyone.

Nothing for me.

Dan

Congratulations!

Well done all who had stuff on tonight.

I take some small comfort from the fact that my aspirations for this show are a lot less ambitious than most others on here.

Y'know whadd I'm sayin? ;)

Really liked the Banksy sketch tonight. Laughing out loud

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 24 2011, 11:27 PM GMT

Well done all who had stuff on tonight.

I take some small comfort from the fact that my aspirations for this show are a lot less ambitious than most others on here.

Y'know whadd I'm sayin? ;)

Not really.

I think we all just want to get on the show. And I think most of us who haven't been on the show know that getting on won't change anything.

I think, if anything, you seem more ambitious-if ambitious means obsessed...

It's not everything...

I took that as Blenkinsop's ambition for the show was to just get acknowledged by the Newsjack email robot...

I got two sketches on last night. The British Arms Trade advert, and the Obama state visit sketch. Happy with that like.

Quote: Trabs @ February 25 2011, 9:32 AM GMT

I got two sketches on last night. The British Arms Trade advert, and the Obama state visit sketch. Happy with that like.

Nicely done, as you beat my 'also-an-advert' approach for the revolutions too.

Dan

Quote: Trabs @ February 25 2011, 9:32 AM GMT

So you should be. Well done!

Quote: swerytd @ February 25 2011, 9:40 AM GMT

Nicely done, as you beat my 'also-an-advert' approach for the revolutions too.

Dan

Nice work Dan, good idea and unlucky not to get that on I reckon.

I liked this:

V/O:
We'll ship in busloads of our minimum-wage employees, who'll happily chant, sing and set themselves on fire at your plight! They're more than happy to help! We force them to do it for your own good! Don't take our word for: ask Maryka!

Cheers Trabs. Yours was better though, and rightly got on.

Dan

Congrats Trabs and others who got stuff on this week, and condolences to folks who didn't. They used a gag of mine at the start (Libya arms) and the Paddington sketch was mine: here's the original if you're interested - http://www.andreamann.com/blog - it's interesting/a good learning process for me to see what got changed, especially as this is all very new to me, it's my first sketch to be aired anywhere! (they basically shortened it, and added a nice extra bit to the Aunt Lucy line which makes the joke hit harder - so adda Newsjack peeps)

Quote: Chantoozie @ February 25 2011, 10:41 AM GMT

Congrats Trabs and others who got stuff on this week, and condolences to folks who didn't. They used a gag of mine at the start (Libya arms) and the Paddington sketch was mine: here's the original if you're interested - http://www.andreamann.com/blog - it's interesting/a good learning process for me to see what got changed, especially as this is all very new to me, it's my first sketch to be aired anywhere! (they basically shortened it, and added a nice extra bit to the Aunt Lucy line which makes the joke hit harder - so adda Newsjack peeps)

You should celebrate by showing us the other side of your face.

Andrea

Ian has posted an example of his ep 1 sketch that was edited if you (or anyone else) was interested.

Dan