British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 30

I did two sketches but Newsjack Apathy has set in.

Just sent off barely double figures one liners - two pairs of them were mutually exclusive. Hey ho.

Not apathy so much as:

(1) I'm working from home today (those 5 words being the funniest thing I've come up with today!)
(2) New PS3 slim arrived today
(3) Found out my shed roof is leaking

Fingers crossed - but can't say I'm too hopeful. I liked my panda gag, but don't know if that story was too obscure...

Anyone know whether they read stuff that gets there slightly after the deadline? I've just spent a day and a half writing short bits which I couldn't send until 5.03 due to spending the preceding 20 mins watching my computer saying 'Not Responding'.

Can anyone reassure me?

If it's three minutes after the deadline, you might be alright. I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer on that though. If it's funny, and they see it, and they like it, they'll use it...

Thanks RJ. I suppose the most likely outcome is that I'll never know.

I'll give my computer a kick up the hard drive and maybe aim to send at 4.30 next week.

Just a movie trailer from me this week

Two sketches and two Apps from me this time.

Did they get there? Fu**ed if I know?

:(

Oh those crazee Bots!

I haven't tried so far this series, but I will try to try to do something for next week.

I appreciate that this is very much yesterday's news but finally had the chance to listen to last week's show (Episode 2). It's interesting that the order of the sketches broadcast was very different to that in which they were recorded. (The broadcast order seemed to work a lot better which I guess is how it should be).

And the NewsDog sketch was dropped! Which is a shame as it was one of my favourites. A uSwitch parody about the perils of switching leader in the Middle East and not getting what you had expected. Hmmm, my sense of humour and Newsjack's team appear to be worryingly different.

Thought the intros to many of the sketches were great. Also loved the 'Over my dead boy' same-sex marriage sketch (love a good pun) and the sticking plaster/big society sketch. Congrats if you wrote either of those. (Sorry not been quite following the thread here over the last week to know if they were written by someone on here).

Enough. Last week's show is dead. Long live this week's show.

Anyone who listens to this, would you kindly let me know if my Nick Griffin one-liner - the mythical creature joke Griff absolutely guaranteed would get on the show - features this week? If it doesn't I have a lawsuit on my hands.

Quote: StephenM @ February 23 2011, 4:16 PM GMT

And the NewsDog sketch was dropped! Which is a shame as it was one of my favourites. A uSwitch parody about the perils of switching leader in the Middle East and not getting what you had expected. Hmmm, my sense of humour and Newsjack's team appear to be worryingly different.

Well, it could re-used. It's not like things have quietened down, over there...

And...

- There wasn't a 60 second interview in the final broadcast last week was there? There was in the recording, a sketch about the Republican presidential nominees. I quite liked that one too!

- And fairly sure there were two Newsjack film trailers in the recording but can't remember what the non-Arnie one was.

I'll leave you to read into that what you wish about writing sketches around the formats on the website.

It wasn't this, was it? https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/20228/

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 23 2011, 6:48 PM GMT

It wasn't this, was it? https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/20228/

Dan

I don't think so but I did warn you in advance that my memory is terrible. Do remember there being a very good bar there though.

Quote: StephenM @ February 23 2011, 4:16 PM GMT

Also loved the 'Over my dead boy' same-sex marriage sketch

If it wasn't for that, my same-sex marriage sketch (the church being against it, so one member of a gay couple dresses as a bride to fool the vicar) might have stood a chance.

**shakes fist and makes grrrr sound.**