British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 4 Page 29

Two sketches sent a little earlier. So far no word from the robot.

Let the psyche-out begin!

Come on Robot son! Do your worst if you think yer hard enough!

You're ignoring a man who was once turned away from a guitar audition for "not really looking right" and this after travelling to London in answer to an ad in Melody Maker. I didn't even get to play a note!

So if you think ignoring me is bothering me in the slightest then 'fraid to disappoint you pal!

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 20 2011, 11:05 AM GMT

My sub this week was a bit unPC, not that have accepted any of my stuff... It's a film trailer spoof.

I think I'll save the NJ staff a few seconds of their time and put my Amanda Holden joke straight in the bin.

But if I don't send that in, it looks like I might not send in anything at all.

Just seen that the writer's guide has been subtly updated to say they have enough 'Newsfox' stings...I'm still going to put in one with my actual newsfox sketch, but no point coming up with more in isolation 'cause they don't want 'em!

Teary
Trying a new tact this week. Sent in three sketches with different angles around the same subjects. (I hope they like the subject).
I am also going for a larger gag count and not having such a long set up which is different to my usual writing style of long set up and missing punchline.
My writing style is closely associated to my Loving style.
I am a sort of writing sexual dinosour, in as much as my joke writing, like my love making is Old, Labourious and quickly extinct. Boom Boom. Still practicing.
I might have actually learned how to do it properly by episode seven. Sick

I've gone feature-crazy this week, with a NewsDog, the analyst and a movie trailer. Good luck everyone.

3 sketches for me this week.

Quote: Jinky @ February 20 2011, 2:40 PM GMT

I think I'll save the NJ staff a few seconds of their time and put my Amanda Holden joke straight in the bin.

I actually sent them a Holden joke last week. (To be fair it was more about the ridiculous amount of coverage the story got in the papers. Four separate people wrote coloums on it in one Daily Mail.)

Anyway this weeks count is two sketches, one on bankers tax (Yeah take -that- bankers) and other on arms dealing.

Now to write some vox pops. (This week I have a new plan of trying to make them funny)

Due to my wonderful organisational ability and genuine lack of time, I have written and sent three sketches this morning. Which is a bit scary as I haven't been able to sleep on them on as I usually would (waking up with an inkstained face is great).

It doesn't help that by the time I listen to NJ (sometime on Friday if I'm lucky) I usually find that the sketches I thought about writing are on subjects that have been covered (and so covering again is asking to be chucked in the big blue BBC bin).

Two sketches for me, and I'll knock out some one-liners later tonight. Bring on Thursday at 5pm!

Sent a couple of sketches first thing (literally!)this morning (a newsfox take on the FPP/AV referendum +...something else that was so funny I've forgotten it already...hmmm!)

Started a few one-liners earlier, and will have a go at actually making one or two of them funny before I submit 'em...but no promises (and no competition!)

No sketches from me this week. I wonder if they'll notice...?

One sketch this week - a Radio 7 Middle East Correspondent who can't take it anymore ...

Good luck to everyone who's submitted ;)

Just 5 quickies from me this week. Good luck folks!

Just flicked thru a few one-liners, was plannig on funnying them uo today + adding more, but the news from home (NZ) has damaged me funny bone (temporarily only, and seems all affected friends are okay, so fret not for me!)

Managed three one-liners.