British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,155

Quote: Chappers @ April 14 2010, 8:58 PM BST

There's an advert in my TV magazine for a programme tonight - "WWII Lost Films tonight."

Shouldn't that be "WWII Found Films"?

Also they have adverts on TV - "includes never seen-before footage".

How do they know what it's like? Has no-one ever seen it before?

Reminds me of the ad for Accident Direct or somebody
" I was installing a bugler and was given the wrong ladder" (If you don't know which ladder you need how you going to know how to install a bugler alarm) "I crushed my right hand and dislocated my left shoulder" "I phoned Accident Direct" (HOW!! And why didn't you phone for an ambulance?)

Quote: Sonofjoe @ April 19 2010, 8:58 PM BST

Reminds me of the ad for Accident Direct or somebody
" I was installing a bugler and was given the wrong ladder" (If you don't know which ladder you need how you going to know how to install a bugler alarm) "I crushed my right hand and dislocated my left shoulder" "I phoned Accident Direct" (HOW!! And why didn't you phone for an ambulance?)

Why worry about a bugler? Are you frightened he might surprise you with a loud toot?

http://instantsfun.es/

If you haven't tried this yet, have a go at Wall 27 !

Got it after about twenty goes !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/onlyconnect/quiz/

When I watch that show I never understand a single word any of them are saying. Not the questions or answers.

I've never seen the show, only what's on the BBC website.

'It's canard.'

'You can say that again Rodders!'

Quote: Aaron @ April 19 2010, 3:30 PM BST

What would you classify it as then, if not a computer game?

And you were always eagerly awaiting the latest composition by Herr Mozart.

It's an electronic game but not a computer game.

Not quite, but the latest Elvis certainly.
:D Laughing out loud Rolling eyes

Well it's certainly not a personal computer game, but it's still being computED, surely?

Quote: Aaron @ April 20 2010, 3:15 AM BST

Well it's certainly not a personal computer game, but it's still being computED, surely?

Oh, OK I suppose so, but its an analogue computer not a digital one.

Ellie went to see Rory Bremner's Election Battlebus tour last night. Was really good!!

The first half was stand-up and the second half was a discussion with the local Labour MP (who came across as an up himself, rude twat IMO), a Conservative guy who's running this year, and a libdem journalist.

The Labour guy hardly let anyone else talk and the Conservative guy was extremely nervous but got his points across well. The Lib Dem guy came up on top in the way he came across, but considering he's a journalist, it didn't really matter. When they polled us at the end to see who was voting what, the Lib Dems won.

As much as I enjoy the rise in the recent opinion polls, it almost annoys me too. Those bandwagon jumpers, seems to cheapen the whole thing like a Britain's Got Talent final, not that it wasn't cheap and tacky already!

It wasn't really like that at this place. It was full of a lot of intelligent people who'd probably never watched X Factor. I felt left out.

Laughing out loud Aww.

Who was the Labour MP?

I'll PM you cause I don't want to be done for slanderous remarks.