British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,031

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ October 4 2009, 4:43 PM BST

He was a git. The Overlord once had to be pulled off him as he tried to wallop him during a meeting about my bullying problem.

Laughing out loud

I mean...

:( Hug

It's used a lot around here by teenage Asian girls talking about themsleves in a positive attempt the reclaim the word from its negative connotations.

I think all this "reclaiming" of the 'N' word (or in this case, the 'P' word) is bollocks really. It's not reclaiming anything, it's an admission of defeat. I don't care who uses these words I think it is equally offensive. You can't ban a word as such, whatever laws you bring in, but to truly make the use of a word unacceptable (letting it drift out of usage) you have to frown on everyone who uses it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 4 2009, 4:26 PM BST

I have pretty much zero tolerance for people who use the 'P' or the 'N' word.

Nil Putters, signing off. :(

Oh, yes, those words. I agree.

I don't see how you can say using a word that doesn't bother them to demonstrate that it doesn't bother them is an 'admission of defeat'. If it makes the word have less impact then all the better surely. Why is it an admission of defeat?

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 4 2009, 4:54 PM BST

Nil Putters, signing off. :(

:D

I think I'm with Julia on that.
It's not the word that really means anything, it's the meaning behind it, so if you take that away, it loses its negative power.

Or something.

That's kind of what happens here sometimes.

Quote: zooo @ October 4 2009, 3:19 PM BST

He was my favourite thoooooough.

Mine too, although I'm not really bothered if he leaves. I only really watch the BBC2 show for Claudia 'look into my Pokemon eyes' Winkleman. I was introduced to her at a party, once. She's probably the most attractive and effortlessly charismatic woman I have ever met.

It's a real shame she's only got small breasts, though.

:(

Yeah, women with small breasts are repulsive...

Hi Don!

Isn't nigro black in Spanish or summat? Yes, ban that word. Rolling eyes :D I'm with Julia.

Hi Ben! Hope you're well. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ October 4 2009, 5:59 PM BST

Hi Ben! Hope you're well. :)

He's ok, but a little self conscious about his small breasts.

Gawd bless him.

*pats them*

I know a few women with a few nipple sized crocodile clips that'll help you with that Ben. :)