British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,969

*shrugs*

(Erections. :) )

Any recommendations for comedy DVDs for a five year old with a developed sense of humour?

They already have and love Mighty Boosh, Fawlty Towers, The Goodies and Father Ted. They also like My Family, but I have to watch this DVD too.

I'm thinking Laurel and Hardy, possibly Will Hay and Only Fool and Horses (any suggestions for a particular series). Any other ideas?

Get the box-set of Trap Door, voiced by Willy Rushton. Still makes me laugh.

Isn't The Mighty Boosh a little too adult for any five year old?

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 8 2009, 4:41 PM BST

Get the box-set of Trap Door, voiced by Willy Rushton. Still makes me laugh.

Isn't The Mighty Boosh a little too adult for any five year old?

Yes, Trap Door's a good idea.

The first series of Boosh was a 6pm show, the second series I have to fast forward a couple of bits, or avoid certain episodes. A lot of the cruder stuff doesn't get picked up on.

Fair enough. I'm just thinking of the evil Cockney character who pisses on everything, of course.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 8 2009, 4:46 PM BST

Fair enough. I'm just thinking of the evil Cockney character who pisses on everything, of course.

Oh dear, he's a bit of a favourite and has been featured in drawings many a time! Maybe that's why my daughter wrote this sketch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJVkN8W9ow

My 6 year old daughter loves Father Ted. My oldest loves Vicar of Dibley, but I think it's because the locals remind him of our relatives.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ August 8 2009, 4:51 PM BST

My 6 year old daughter loves Father Ted.

:) My daughter says Father Jack is like her grandad.
Errr

Father Jack is Uncle Chuck at our house.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8192013.stm

The terrorists are getting a bit desperate if they think the best way to upset us is to target our badminton team.

If a bomb went off I doubt they'd notice because of the racket.

Ba-dum-ch.

:D I thang y'all.

Tip your waitress, try the veal.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 9 2009, 12:39 PM BST

If a bomb went off I doubt they'd notice because of the racket.

I laughed.

Then cried Teary