British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,845

Museums aren't geeky. Nothing wrong with wanting to learn about the past.

It says more about the people who DON'T like them, than those who do.

I kid you not about the following. When I was a kid we went on a school trip to a "Museum" that consist of a few maps, some old photos, and a large collection of glass eyes.

That is awesome.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ March 11 2009, 12:42 AM GMT

When I was a kid we went on a school trip to a "Museum" that consist of a few maps, some old photos, and a large collection of glass eyes.

Reminds me of this museum: http://www.mjt.org/

If you're ever in Los Angeles it's well worth visiting.

I was amazed by the museums in Berlin, and ended up still inside them with just the teachers after everyone had got bored and wandered off. :$

There's a guy opposite me in a jerkin.

Quote: chipolata @ March 11 2009, 3:07 PM GMT

There's a guy opposite me in a jerkin.

And there's you opposite him, jerkin!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 11 2009, 3:08 PM GMT

And there's you opposite him, jerkin!

At least jerkins are quite absorbant. Not that I've got that kind of reach. :(

Quote: chipolata @ March 11 2009, 3:10 PM GMT

Not that I've got that kind of reach. :(

Ooooh, I know what you mean! Mine barely makes it over the top!

Your keyboard is now Daft Punk.

Re. museums. Did anyone watch the Victorian Farm? There was so much stuff on there that my Dad used to have, we could probably have started our own museum. How I wish we had kept it.

Watched some of it, but seemed too pointlessly self-indulgent. A few things featured on TV Burp were very very true.

Quote: Aaron @ March 12 2009, 6:31 PM GMT

Watched some of it, but seemed too pointlessly self-indulgent. A few things featured on TV Burp were very very true.

It certainly seemed very contrived, but I did enjoy bits of it. Didn't catch it on Burp but am guessing it would have picked up stuff like the 1950s bike. I just found it interesting to see so many things that we used to have in our shed!

I didn't watch much of that one, but I loved that show about kids living on a farm as though they were evacuees in World War II. That was aaaace.

That was wierd.... www.comedy.co.uk was wiped from the history of both the PCs I use to log on. Strange.