British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,833

Quote: Curt @ February 23 2009, 9:43 PM GMT

- A lot of the kids had behavioral issues so instead of just punishing them for hitting a kid, they would have to hear from the victim why they didn't like what they did and work out their differences. In the long run it made kids go from constant problem kids to next to zero problems.

It might work in Canada, which is more liberal and civilised than us, but it wouldn't work in Britain.

Quote: roscoff @ February 23 2009, 9:50 PM GMT

Soft liberal nonsense. Hose 'em down with cold water beat them to within an inch of their lives and give 'em breakfast. Preferably oats rolled in tarmac. That's the discipline these wasters need.

As for behavioural issues. Hanging. They won't do it again.

Laughing out loud

Reminds me! A couple of weeks ago I was on the way to work and walking pass this primary school. I noticed this little girl and these two boys following her, calling her names. She was clearly in tears. Then they ran over and started hiting her with their bags. I went over and said "Excuse me. Do you think that is a nice thing you are doing?" The boys said no. "Why are you doing it then?". They didn't know. "Do you think it's a clever thing to pick on a girl? Do you have to pick on a little girl cause you are too scared to pick on someone your own size?".... They looked at the ground. "Would you like to try and pick on me?" They shook their heads. "You feel silly now?". They nodded. "What do you say?". They said sorry and walked away. Talking to the little girl she said they did it everyday and loads of grown ups see it including teachers but do nothing about it. I think that is awful.

Aww. You're like a superhero Ruby! Horrible little boys.

Grrrr that makes me so cross.

Me too. Well done Ruby. :D

SUPER ROO!

It just annoys me when people see that and walk on by.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ February 24 2009, 3:00 PM GMT

"Do you think it's a clever thing to pick on a girl? Do you have to pick on a little girl cause you are too scared to pick on someone your own size?"

Sexist! Shouldn't that have been "Do you think it's a clever thing to pick on someone?", eh? ;)

I was laughed at at school today by my friends, I meant to say, for my odd method of learning my key words for my quizzes. :$ I recorded myself saying them onto a dictaphone, and listened back all day.

Quote: Aaron @ February 24 2009, 4:44 PM GMT

Sexist! Shouldn't that have been "Do you think it's a clever thing to pick on someone?", eh? ;)

Don't ask me! I'm just a girl!

Living up to your picture - nice!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 24 2009, 5:25 PM GMT

I was laughed at at school today by my friends, I meant to say, for my odd method of learning my key words for my quizzes. :$ I recorded myself saying them onto a dictaphone, and listened back all day.

With headphones, I hope?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 24 2009, 5:25 PM GMT

As long as it works, it's not odd at all. Pass that quiz, then see who laughs.

Quote: Aaron @ February 24 2009, 8:54 PM GMT

With headphones, I hope?

Laughing out loud Yes! I was unwittingly miming the words earlier though, and a boy I know looked stupidly disapproving at me!

And, in other news, being late and having to get the second bus was totally worth it for the hilarious sight of a poodle in a pram. Whyyy would people do it?! Apologies if any of you do or have, but gosssh.

Something like that happened to me a few days ago. Helpfully, I can't for the life of me remember what it was I saw, but I couldn't have been happier that I was late.

Saw Prince Charles a few months ago by the same means, actually.