British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,808

Aaron was suggesting in a comedic manner that she had stolen the writing of a five year old.

Quote: zooo @ February 7 2009, 12:17 AM GMT

Aaron was suggesting in a comedic manner that she had stolen the writing of a five year old.

I see. Very drole.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7876162.stm

Wish I'd have known. :(

Damn. :/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7876593.stm

Has anybody called you brother and yet not been your brother? It's not that uncommon in this part of Wales for a bloke to call another bloke their brother. It stems from the days when unions were based on Communist principles and you know these men who say this were almost certainly fully payed up union members and some even card carrying Communist Party members. It's not to everyone's taste (Aaron for one) but I kinda like it. Is it the same for you northern types?

I say this because I've been called it twice in the last few days.

That Desmond guy on Lost calls most everyone brother.

My best friend calls me Brutha. He's a Mexican-Scottish dude from Indiana.

Quote: DaButt @ February 8 2009, 12:05 AM GMT

My best friend calls me Brutha. He's a Mexican-Scottish dude from Indiana.

Ha! Not that uncommon then.

Quote: roscoff @ February 8 2009, 12:08 AM GMT

Ha! Not that uncommon then.

It's especially popular with African Americans. Californians just shorten it to "Bro."

Quote: DaButt @ February 8 2009, 12:11 AM GMT

It's especially popular with African Americans. Californians just shorten it to "Bro."

I sort of knew about the African Americans and the Communists obviously but that was about it.

I always associated "comrade" with Communists.

It's not "African Americans". It's just "blacks in the west".

I like it when coloureds call me "Boss".

Quote: DaButt @ February 8 2009, 12:05 AM GMT

He's Scottish though right?

I like the way he says it. :D

sooty's having problems accessing the site. It seems that his home computer can't get on, but all others he's tried are working fine. Has anyone else been experiencing similar problems?

Quote: Aaron @ February 8 2009, 2:36 PM GMT

sooty's having problems accessing the site. It seems that his home computer can't get on, but all others he's tried are working fine. Has anyone else been experiencing similar problems?

Using FF? or IE?

Quote: Aaron @ February 8 2009, 2:36 PM GMT

Nope.