British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,640

Quote: DaButt @ November 23 2008, 4:13 AM GMT

I've never seen a seated cashier here. Ever.

They're forced to stand all day? Seems a bit harsh. Can't say I'd be too chatty, friendly and happy if I was a Tesco cahier either! Besides, it's not the British way!

In some supermarkets they are actaully FORCED to chat. It's so the customers feels they are getting a special service :S

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 23 2008, 12:05 PM GMT

In some supermarkets they are actaully FORCED to chat. It's so the customers feels they are getting a special service :S

I worked in a job like that once, a shop job; it was horrible. I would say 95% of customers want to be left alone, if they want to ask something, or talk, they will initiate it. I didn't stay there long. Be friendly, sure, but they make you almost force yourself on customers!

I had a trick when I worked in places like that. I would make a joke. They would ether laugh and start talking, just laugh and that was enough for them (and the mystery shopper one time) or if they didn't, I knew they wanted to be left alone.

I've been a mystery shopper. Yes they are the root of all evil but boy do they get some great stuff!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 23 2008, 10:58 AM GMT

I like Top shop stuff but I don't like the staff. I've had a bad experience in one with an offensive assitant and other, they appear really souless so I get top shop stuff online when I can.

I used to hate going into Topshop before I lost weight. I'd get looked up and down and just feel scrutinised the whole time.

Good point. NEVER go to Topshop if you above a 14. You will be made to feel as miserable as hell :(

They are the only chain store I know who do not do a plus size range. Mind you I hate that. They were not really around in my fat days but I hate the fact there is this corner of the shop where all the tents and very large flower prints are with very red faced ladies wishing they were anywhere else.

And if you're below an 8 either, which some people I know are naturally.

If you don't want to promote eating disorders fair enough, stick the smaller sizes in the petite section because not all women are 5ft 7!

But I have to admit I was angry when George did size 4 (size zero) clothes that were not petite. I'm sorry but NO ONE over 5ft 2 is NATURALLY that skinny.

I like H&M chain wise.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 23 2008, 1:31 PM GMT

If you don't want to promote eating disorders fair enough, stick the smaller sizes in the petite section because not all women are 5ft 7!

But I have to admit I was angry when George did size 4 (size zero) clothes that were not petite. I'm sorry but NO ONE over 5ft 2 is NATURALLY that skinny.

Yes, it is true that all the girls I know of that size aren't very tall at all either. I remember when I was looking for jobs a while back, not that I've given up with that, I said that Topshop was one of the only stores I'd not work in, because I'd never be able to be the "right" sort of girl to be employee.

I like computer shops and Maplins and places like that. THAT's shopping!
Clothes shops are like rainy Sundays.

Speaking of which - it's a white winter wonderland here, Yipee!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 23 2008, 1:36 PM GMT

Yes, it is true that all the girls I know of that size aren't very tall at all either. I remember when I was looking for jobs a while back, not that I've given up with that, I said that Topshop was one of the only stores I'd not work in, because I'd never be able to be the "right" sort of girl to be employee.

You mean thick, bitchy, and orange?

Quote: Moonstone @ November 23 2008, 1:39 PM GMT

I like computer shops and Maplins and places like that. THAT's shopping!
Clothes shops are like rainy Sundays.

With a two tone asymetical bob and in a constant state of pout.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 23 2008, 1:41 PM GMT

With a two tone asymetical bob and in a constant state of pout.

Yep!

Our snow all got rained away. :(

The Dark Toy Story

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 23 2008, 12:53 PM GMT

I'd get looked up and down and just feel scrutinised the whole time.

That's me in any shop.

Only in your imagination.