British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,520

I'm off to London Zoo this week. I can't wait.

So many possibilities.

Quote: Winterlight @ October 26 2008, 7:00 PM BST

I'm off to lay on zooo this week. I can't wait.

Run zooo!!!!

I'm hoping to see some monk-k-k-k-k-k-keys.

And some apes!

Quote: Winterlight @ October 26 2008, 7:04 PM BST

I'm hoping to see some monk-k-k-k-k-k-keys.

And some apes!

Don't you have a mirror?

Etc.

Quote: Aaron @ October 26 2008, 7:06 PM BST

Don't you have a mirror?

Etc.

Only so I can see you sneaking up on me.

I'm bored. :(

Quote: zooo @ October 26 2008, 6:49 PM BST

Well, I don't know what the messages were that he left. So I can't really have an opinion.

They were listed in the paper. It was really offensive stuff.

Sorry but I think what Badger head did was completely unfunny and disgusting. The main person I feel sorry for is the grand daughter. Speaking for a female perpective, okay she knew what Brand is like and he does make jokes about his sex life a lot but for him to ring her own Grandfather who she loves and respects, not only go on about sleeping with her which to her was mortifying enough but then to go on the way he did about what he did, etc, etc was not funny, just bad taste and abuse. As a woman, I am actually offended for her (and it takes A LOT to offend me in that way) and I think most women would have been listening to him. As for Ross, he was just as stupid. I really hope Badger head apologises to them all. There was just no need.

HAD he actually slept with her then? :O

Yes. And he wasn't discreet!

Techincally he can legally get into a lot of trouble if Andrew Sachs takes it further so it's in his best interest to him and the BBC to apologise.

A bit from the paper.....

Astonishingly, senior BBC executives cleared the offensive messages for broadcast, even though making abusive phone calls is a criminal offence.
Last night, the Corporation faced calls for disciplinary action to be taken against their highly-paid stars, with one Tory MP saying they had ‘overstepped the mark'.
Mr Sachs's agent said his client had been ‘terribly hurt' by the comments and had made a formal complaint to the BBC.
The calls about his granddaughter were made during an episode of Brand's Saturday night Radio 2 programme, co-hosted by Ross to help publicise his new book.
Shortly before they contacted Mr Sachs for a pre-arranged telephone interview, Brand said: ‘In a minute we're going to be talking to Andrew Sachs, Manuel actor. The elephant in the room is, what Andrew doesn't know is, I've slept with his granddaughter.'

The comedian then rang Mr Sachs. When the veteran actor didn't answer his telephone, Brand left a message during which Ross shouted ‘He ****** your granddaughter!', generating raucous laughter from the studio.
Ross subsequently speculated that Brand had ‘enjoyed' Georgina on a swing. The pair then decided to ring Mr Sachs again to apologise. When he repeatedly failed to answer, Ross and Brand left three further messages, making the situation worse.
During one message, Brand said: ‘I wore a condom.' In another, which took the form of an impromptu song, Brand sang: ‘I'd like to apologise for the terrible attacks, Andrew Sachs . . . I said some things I didn't of oughta, like I had sex with your granddaughter, though it was consensual . . . it was consensual lovely sex. It was full of respect, I sent her a text, I've asked her to marry me, Andrew Sachs.'

Ross could be heard singing quietly to himself: ‘Your granddaughter ...she was bent over the couch...'
Later in the programme Brand even joked about the idea that Mr Sachs might consider suicide as a result of their comments.
Imagining a news bulletin, he said: ‘The main news again. Manuel Andrew Sachs hung himself today...'
Brand's show sometimes goes out live, but the offending episode was prerecorded to fit around Brand and Ross's other commitments. According to the BBC, ‘a senior editorial figure signed off the programme, including its strong language, before it was broadcast'.

When will these stars learn some responsibility?!

F**k. Ing. Hell.

Quote: Aaron @ October 26 2008, 9:52 PM BST

F**k. Ing.

Yeah, they're a shit bank.

I guess it must be me. It doesn't sound like the worst thing I've ever heard.

It's not nice, and they shouldn't have done it, but it hardly deserves legal action or anything.

Problem is he did break the law so it's up to Sachs if he wants to press charges. I don't think he will. He doesn't seem to be the type to make that kind of fuss.