British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,228

Quote: Finck @ September 25 2008, 9:37 AM BST

Ooooo. I have a brilliant idea how to cheer you up!

But it takes some planning. Can you estimate how long you'll be in your sicky condition?

I'm not sure really. Probably only a day. Is that good or bad for your idea?

Quote: PhQnix @ September 25 2008, 9:43 AM BST

I'm not sure really. Probably only a day. Is that good or bad for your idea?

It is depending on a number of factors. If happenstance is on your side (which it bloody should be, as Karma's already been unfair to you), they could all magically align in the right constellation at some point this afternoon and I'll be able to PM you something nice tonight. We'll have to wait and see.

Come on karma! Give me a break! :P

www.bash.org

That, Elliot, is all you need. :)

*clicks and does a big gasp and a little tear*

Maybe not. :(

Now to 'Understanding It All and Being Irritated By The Outcome':

http://morris.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/25/which-came-first-the-chicken-or-the-egg-part-one/

That was very interesting. I think I need to speed up with my reading though...

Quote: Aaron @ September 25 2008, 10:29 AM BST

www.bash.org

That, Elliot, is all you need. :)

Bash is the irc transcripts right? I've read through those on a sick-day before I think.

Now to 'Understanding It All and Being Irritated By The Outcome':

http://morris.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/25/which-came-first-the-chicken-or-the-egg-part-one/

Fascinating article.

Quote: PhQnix @ September 25 2008, 10:34 AM BST

Bash is the irc transcripts right? I've read through those on a sick-day before I think.

It's not just IRC, but yes. That's the one. :)

IMO the version with the cannonballs on the road ("ON") was taken first. Assuming the sun is setting in the west (to the right of frame), the shadow cast by the edge of the road would darken a greater percentage of each cannonball as the afternoon wore on. Although the photo quality is different, the umbra covers more of each cannonball in the "OFF" picture. Hence this conclusion. :)

Quote: Tommy Power @ September 25 2008, 11:05 AM BST

IMO the version with the cannonballs on the road ("ON") was taken first. Assuming the sun is setting in the west (to the right of frame), the shadow cast by the edge of the road would darken a greater percentage of each cannonball as the afternoon wore on. Although the photo quality is different, the umbra covers more of each cannonball in the "OFF" picture. Hence this conclusion. :)

Read the follow-ups. You've missed the point. :)

I can only assume that this means Finck is the only cultured person on here... or the only one not working. :P

Quote: PhQnix @ September 25 2008, 9:05 AM BST

Ooooh actually I have a good idea! Webcomics, I love webcomics. Can anyone suggest some good ones?

Heroes Online

I'm still ill too. :(

Quote: PhQnix @ September 25 2008, 9:20 AM BST

I didn't know Beatsteaks were German. I also didn't know that in their tenth gig as a band they supported The Sex Pistols. Thank you Finck and thank you Wikipedia.

They don't look old enough, especially the singer.

Where'd everyone go?

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 12:13 PM BST

They don't look old enough, especially the singer.

And he's gorgeous, in spite of looking young. :)

Is that true then? Not that I like the Sex Pistols.

Renunion Tour. So not the proper Sex Pistols, the sell out ones who needed money.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 25 2008, 12:15 PM BST

Is that true then? Not that I like the Sex Pistols.

He was born 1974.

The Sex Pistols gig was 1996. It was the prize at some sort of competition.