British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,054

:D Like what? Where should I start? Camp Wank-head, conga lines, the silent disco, or the music?

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 25 2008, 4:20 PM BST

:D Like what? Where should I start? Camp Wank-head, conga lines, the silent disco, or the music?

Start with the most disgusting stuff, then proceed with the most funny funniest. (I slapped myself for that.)

Well, the cesspits were definitely worst - those being the camp-site loos; the last night was awful for tent-burning, and I ended up in the firing line of a questionable ratio of beer, cider, and possibly pee. There are far too many funny things to say, though! We danced like idiots in big groups - and everyone thought that because we were in a large section, it must be something cool they'd missed, and copied us! The siletn disco was awesome - best concept ever - and the music was amaaaaazing, even if I couldn't see some bands I'd wanted to because of clashes and stubborn friends.

So what does a silent disco consist of?

Huge headphones with two radio type channel settings, with a DJ controlling each setting. You listen to the setting you like best, as does everyone else - and yo ucan continually switch. Everyone basically looks like they're all dancing and singing to nothing in sync. Amaaaazing!

I think it's discoing with headphones instead of speakers.

Who did you see Robyn?

I will have to check the line up, because I saw so many!

Tripwires
Vampire Weekend
Biffy Clyro
The Enemy
Taking Back Sunday
Dizzee Racal, by petition of my friends. Unimpressed
Seasick Steve
Santogold
Bombay Bicycle Club
The Automatic
We Are Scientists
The Raconteurs
Bloc Party
The Killers
Roboys in Disguise
The Whip
Feeder
Tenacious D
The Last Shadow Puppets

Oh! And Al Pitcher at the Comedy tent, who was hilarious!

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/121819/detail/

Creepy fan

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 25 2008, 4:50 PM BST

Vampire Weekend

The Raconteurs

Robots in Disguise

I like them!

oooh, you saw Jack White... I am very jealous.

Quote: sootyj @ August 25 2008, 4:52 PM BST

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/121819/detail/

Creepy fan

Oh god. It's kind of funny, but mainly not. I really do hate mentals.

RiD played The Kinks, which was wonderfully weird and great. I also found a tattoo I want, but will never get.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 25 2008, 4:57 PM BST

RiD played The Kinks, which was wonderfully weird and great. I also found a tattoo I want, but will never get.

What was it?

Ooh, I'm wearing my RiD t shirt as we speak.
What was the tattoo?

The tattoo? A girl in front of us had a robin in flight on her shoulder blade.

Friends! Comrades! Countrypersons! I'm back from my holiday and I need to catch up. What's been happening?

Yaaaay! Charly's back too!