British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 1,023

Quote: EllieJP @ August 15 2008, 2:04 PM BST

I was annoyed because I got something like 95% in my art AS and wanted extra reconition... having my art work hung up at school and winning an award for excellence wasn't enough!

Bring on the A*s. I didn't get enough at GCSE... only 3!

I don't like the idea of A*s at A-level. It just introduces even more one-upmanship, and will somehow allow the government to be ableto further criticise the ease of exams.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 15 2008, 2:04 PM BST

I was annoyed because I got something like 95% in my art AS and wanted extra reconition... having my art work hung up at school and winning an award for excellence wasn't enough!

Rolling eyes

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 15 2008, 2:06 PM BST

I don't lik the idea of A*s at A-level. It just introduces even more one-upmanship, and will somehow allow the government to be ableto further criticise the ease of exams.

The Government doesn't criticise the ease of exams. It's the media. Somehow they've got it into their head that exams are easier nowadays and now the public believe them. It's quite disheartening really.

Quote: PhQnix @ August 15 2008, 2:10 PM BST

The Government doesn't criticise the ease of exams. It's the media. Somehow they've got it into their head that exams are easier nowadays and now the public believe them. It's quite disheartening really.

The media, then. It's always the media!

*shakes fist at the media*

There's been a lot of fist-shaking today.

Exams are easier. ;)

What reeeeeeally annoyed me about my GCSEs was that my school always published the results in the local paper, but they missed mine out. When I asked why, they said it was because I didn't get any As and they didn't want to embarrass me.

Well, thanks a lot school! Until they said that I wasn't aware I had anything to be embarrassed of.
C**ts.

:)

Quote: Aaron @ August 15 2008, 2:13 PM BST

Exams are easier. ;)

>_<!

Awwwwwwww! Poor Laura! :(

I was always angry that my results WERE published. I don't want people knowing. People can f**k off.

Quote: zooo @ August 15 2008, 2:17 PM BST

What reeeeeeally annoyed me about my GCSEs was that my school always published the results in the local paper, but they missed mine out. When I asked why, they said it was because I didn't get any As and they didn't want to embarrass me.

Well, thanks a lot school! Until they said that I wasn't aware I had anything to be embarrassed of.
C**ts.

:)

Aw Laura! That was terrible of them!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 15 2008, 2:20 PM BST

>_<!

But you're still an uber genius.

It was probably cos all my friends were in there, plus everyone must have thought I did unbelievably badly to be missed out.
Grrr. *still annoyed! a million years later*

About exams being easy:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article4525546.ece

Why it's in the women's section is beyond me.

Quote: zooo @ August 15 2008, 2:22 PM BST

It was probably cos all my friends were in there, plus everyone must have thought I did unbelievably badly to be missed out.
Grrr. *still annoyed! a million years later*

Aw. *hug*

Want some chocolate to make up for it?

*offers*

Quote: Aaron @ August 15 2008, 2:21 PM BST

But you're still an uber genius.

I'm noooottt!