British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 848

Keys to Ascension by Yes.

The Revealing Science of God - incredible.

:O Say what??

John Lennon - #9 Dream (and depending on your sound system, it's 62 = 6, 125 = 14, 8 = 14, 16KHz = 14).

Would anyone like to recommend a good 50's/60's rock & roll compilation album? There a million out there obviously! But anyone have any favourites?

Reliving my youth with Juxtaposed With U - Super Furry Animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jw7u4f-Ujg

Hole - Awful

:P Thats a hole you got into lofty!

uncalled for ... Angry

Dont be in a mood just cos you didnt win! :P Laughing out loud Wave

Quote: Leevil @ July 14 2011, 2:22 PM BST

Would anyone like to recommend a good 50's/60's rock & roll compilation album? There a million out there obviously! But anyone have any favourites?

I'm not really a Rock'n'roll afficianado but if you want I can recommend some good 60s compilations - basic pop - Sixties Jukebox Classics on Universal/

I've also got a great 3 CD box set of surf music which I can't find at the moment and one of early 60s instrumentals.

Cheers Chappers, looks pretty good.

To be honest, I have a lot of the "classics" anyway. Most of these compilation albums tend to recycle the same tracks.

What triggered my original post was hearing Bobby Darin's Dream Lover. Definitely not one that has been forgotten but I don't own it, which must mean it's not featured much in compilation albums (I must of owned/listened to about 30+ in my feeble life time) and rarely has it popped up. There are other songs too (quite a lot actually) that never get the same reprint rate as "the big classics".

To add to my question; does anyone know of an album with the less-loved hits of the 50s/60s on? Not so much classic GOLD but classic silver.

Some of the best compilations I've seen have been the TIMELIFE TV adverts, you know, the ones where you get 50 CDs and a FREE bonus CD and so on. But 50 CDs?! I just want one or two. With some hits I've not heard before or have forgotten about.

You dig, blood?

The Horrors new album, Skying; it's good.

The Clash - Police & Thieves

Big Mountain - Baby, I Love Your Way

Love it

Divine Comedy -Songs of Love.

Gorgeous song. Turned up nice and loud! :D

Over The Hills And Far Away - Gary Moore Fab-u-tastic