British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 549

Quote: Ben @ February 28 2009, 9:55 PM GMT

Oh I've heard of The Kitchen Tape. The Crescent Tape isn't anything to do with that pesky band The Crescent, has it? I believe that Lee had something to do with them.

Well, in that they were present when he played his demos to them. As recently (well, it still seems recently) as 1998.

Quote: Ben @ February 28 2009, 9:59 PM GMT

I just found The Crescent Tape on YouTube and I see it contains the mythical 'The Human Race' track. I must listen to this!

If you get time, check out all 4 parts of both tapes. Rough as f**k in terms of sound, but they've got this amazing vibe.

'Something I Said' is another ace track.

They're certainly rough.

Ha! I just found Lee Mavers hanging round with Pete Doherty and his son!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfHsJpTpemQ

Imagine how big they could've been, if they'd stayed together, and continued releasing albums.

Morrissey and Siouxsie - Interlude

Quote: earman2009 @ February 28 2009, 3:21 PM GMT

I'm going to go into a who Oasis do and do not sound like debate. All I know is that Oasis is the best band I've ever heard and that's good enough for me.

Oh no believe me I think exactly the same as you, I love them more than anything else in the world. Seriously. Everything about them is the f**king bollocks! I'm just saying before they settled and found their own sound they sound like they were trying to be The Stone Roses. Liam even used to try and move around onstage like Ian Brown before he adopted his trademark pose. Not taking anything away from Oasis there though, best band in the world!

Quote: catskillz @ February 28 2009, 10:18 PM GMT

Imagine how big they could've been, if they'd stayed together, and continued releasing albums.

They would have been mega. V Festival in 2005 was the best weekend of my life - in two days I got to see The La's, Ian Brown performing She Bangs The Drums and Made of Stone, and Oasis. And, erm, Tony Christie. Whistling nnocently

Masters Of Illusion - The Bay/Bronx Bridge

Quote: NickTheDon @ March 1 2009, 12:26 AM GMT

Oh no believe me I think exactly the same as you, I love them more than anything else in the world. Seriously. Everything about them is the f**king bollocks! I'm just saying before they settled and found their own sound they sound like they were trying to be The Stone Roses. Liam even used to try and move around onstage like Ian Brown before he adopted his trademark pose. Not taking anything away from Oasis there though, best band in the world!

They would have been mega. V Festival in 2005 was the best weekend of my life - in two days I got to see The La's, Ian Brown performing She Bangs The Drums and Made of Stone, and Oasis. And, erm, Tony Christie. Whistling nnocently

All very true, on some of the Oasis Demo's you can definitely hear the Stone Roses influence, they even let Guigsy do proper bass lines and everything.

This was obviously before Noel realised how to just turn his bass down.

I saw Oasis in 2005 at the Council House and it was fandrabulous although the numerous cups of piss flying about was unnerving. I still maintain Turn up The Sun should have been a single.

The new Beirut EP is a bit crap.

Seriously, what the hell is your avatar?

Lol.

Buzzcocks
What do I get....oohhhh..oohh, what do I get.

*shrugs*

Some sort of live Wishbone Ash recording on BBC 6. I've always dug the dual lead guitars, but not the rest.

Quote: zooo @ March 1 2009, 1:58 AM GMT

Seriously, what the hell is your avatar?

Mine or Aarons?

As you asked so nicely I shall tell you.

It's off Jam.

Ohhhhh, yes.

Well it's highly disturbing. :)

Quote: NickTheDon @ March 1 2009, 12:26 AM GMT

Oh no believe me I think exactly the same as you, I love them more than anything else in the world. Seriously. Everything about them is the f**king bollocks!

Meh, I loved Oasis for the first two albums, they haven't done anything since to deserve the attention they get. This baffles me, as they used to be so good.