British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 463

Quote: Griff @ December 5 2008, 12:39 AM GMT

By the way if you want to find free MP3s of your favourite band without all the hassle of file-sharing, check out:

http://www.smacki.com/mp3%20search%20using%20google

Boo. Not working. :(

Me First & The Gimme Gimmes - Are A Drag

currently Don't Cry for Me Agentina.

Quote: Griff @ December 5 2008, 11:33 AM GMT

What did you type in? Just type in the word Beatles or something (yeah I know you hate the Beatles) and you get a Google page of hits?

Nothing. The page you linked to = 404.

Nope. Smacki broken.

Oh I see. It's one of these sites thinking it's clever by blocking out IE. How jolly sophisticated.

Quote: Griff @ December 5 2008, 11:33 AM GMT

I'm a Robyn Hitchcock loony. I've been to see him in various bands and solo at least 30 times.

Blimey! There's devotion to the cause. I think I've probably seen him around a dozen times in various guises, first time in late '89 at the Moonlight
Club in West Hampstead, most recently at QEH earlier this year doing 'I Often Dream of Trains'.

Never lets you down, old Robyn.

Quote: Griff @ December 5 2008, 1:25 PM GMT

Did you go to the 'Games For May' gig at the RFH last year? That was awesome.

No, what was that? It wasn't one of the Syd Barrett tributes was it?

Well, I missed out there and no mistake.

One of my favourite/oddest Robyn gigs was with the Egyptians at Brockenhurst train station in '93, where they just set up and played on one of the platforms.

Good times indeed. I seem to recall them getting moved on by the rozzers!

Ah, I got a flyer about the Isle of Wight bus thing from Mrs Wafflehead, his fan club at the time. And I didn't go! What a twot! The canal/Abbey thing you write of sounds great!

I can't think of anybody else of his standing who'd do things like that.

Griff, here is a link to a review of the Brockenhurst gig that some kind soul, at some point, put on the net.

http://www.fegmania.org/pvbrockenhurst.html

She Bangs The Drum - Stone Roses

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 5 2008, 1:20 PM GMT

Never lets you down, old Robyn.

Cool *Cape billows*

Kid Cudi - Day & Night

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ December 5 2008, 4:46 PM GMT

Cool *Cape billows*

Is that in South Africa?

Human League - Dare. Can't beat a bit of New Romantic pomposity. And Phil Oakey did possess the most dangerously lopsided hair of the 80s ... excluding Sir Bobby Charlton, natch.

Band Played Waltzing Matilda - The Pogues