British Comedy Guide

What are you listening to now? Page 1,530

Jackson Brown and his ilk.

I don't give a f**k about the Oasis reunion. Bet it's shit.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 28th August 2024, 3:38 PM

I don't give a f**k about the Oasis reunion. Bet it's shit.

You're just bitter cos Jarvis refuses to get the old crew back together....

The Fall - Mr Pharmacist

I have very specific views on Pulp. Anyway, give me Suede over that Blur my-old-man's-a-dustman crap or Oasis please-take-me-seriously shite.

Elastica does a big wee over them all

It was just journos tryna fill up space. How the f**k anyone can compare Blur (check Alex's Song) to the Beatles (check Strawberry Fields Forever) is beyond me.

Today in Britpop history...
It's a tossup between Liam Gallagher and Damon Alban. Who has the smuggest, most self-obsessed, totally self-absorbed, mind-numbingly deluded, brain-f**kingly punchworthy f**king face?

Michael - you mustn't hold back like this, let it all that pent up emotion out. You are amongst friends, and we understand.

Thank you. It's tough but I think Liam pips it.

Yeah Liam was a cocky prick

But he was playing at being a "rock star"

Back when we had "rock stars"

Instead of boring, drippy little pricks like Ed f**kin Sheeran, like we have now

He had (has) one of those faces into which you want to smash a rusty pickaxe with barbed wire wrapped round it.

Just listening to David Bowie's Low in its entirety for the first time in many many years. To my mind it's a great album and mainly overlooked.

Nine inch nails - head like a hole

Today in music history...
The Battle of Britpop and it's between Oasis, Blur and Pulp. Which one is the biggest pile of total and utter f**king shit? Oasis set standards high with the tantalisingly almost total and utter f**king shit Be Here Now, but the average Blur B-side is such a total and utter f**king pile of f**king shit it makes One Direction sound like Led Zeppelin. Pride of place to Pulp though, for saying, 'Common people live like common people. People who are not common people do not live like common people because they are not common people,' and convincing a nation of twats that this is profound and not a f**king total and f**king utter f**king pile of f**king shit. Well played!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 5th September 2024, 7:22 AM

Today in music history...
The Battle of Britpop and it's between Oasis, Blur and Pulp. Which one is the biggest pile of total and utter f**king shit? Oasis set standards high with the tantalisingly almost total and utter f**king shit Be Here Now, but the average Blur B-side is such a total and utter f**king pile of f**king shit it makes One Direction sound like Led Zeppelin. Pride of place to Pulp though, for saying, 'Common people live like common people. People who are not common people do not live like common people because they are not common people,' and convincing a nation of twats that this is profound and not a f**king total and f**king utter f**king pile of f**king shit. Well played!

So you're still listening to Common People then?