British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 2

Consider this one.

Quote: Declan @ November 8 2010, 12:56 PM GMT

Consider this one.

Ok thanks

Quote: Declan @ November 8 2010, 11:53 AM GMT

Although I could be wrong, because I just tested it and it sent me an acknowledgement, and I tested it about a million times last year.

So all the entries were yours under different pseudonyms.No wonder I didn't win.

(Or could it be that mine wasn't very funny?)

At the moment we have no plans for an Introduction to Sitcom Writing workshop in Manchester. However, if there is sufficient interest, we may venture north.

It would be in the New Year. Any takers?

Hello? When you say no defamatory matter,I hope to f**k my character's can swear and abuse each other! Thank you.

Bighead, your characters can swear at each other as much as they like, but you shouldn't do it yourself because

a) it's not big
b) it's not clever
c) it doesn't make your willy get bigger

I am living proof of all three.

You're welcome.

I'm sure I should already know this and quite frankly feel embarrassed asking, what's the limit on sets? I've got three in mine - pub, living room and office.

Quote: earman2009 @ November 9 2010, 4:11 PM GMT

I'm sure I should already know this and quite frankly feel embarrassed asking, what's the limit on sets? I've got three in mine - pub, living room and office.

I wouldn't think that matters , you just need a few chairs and a table for each scene. I think it's the number of characters that matter.

I can think of a few of the live shows from the Sitcom Mission 2010 that had more than 3 sets, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Unless you have 30 sets, and one of them is an airport lounge packed with bustling businessmen and the other is a medieval torture chamber complete with a rack and suffering peasants.

That's my idea! Shotgun!

and unless you have a Boeing 747 landing....

Quote: Penge @ November 9 2010, 8:20 PM GMT

Unless you have 30 sets, and one of them is an airport lounge packed with bustling businessmen and the other is a medieval torture chamber complete with a rack and suffering peasants.

You bastard! Have you been spying on me?

Hi,

Does the 15 minute script need to be a self contained narrative or just the first 15 of a longer script?

Do you want the script in stage format or will any format do as long as it looks like a script?

Thanks in advance.

It's always been a complete.

I guess the script has to be understandable.

The script needs to be a self-contained episode (ie not the first 15 minutes of a 30-minute episode, and best not to cut a 30-minute episode down to 15 minutes either, it's really obvious when people do that). However, you can have a single episode of a long-form story arch (eg "Previously on Friends...")

Hope that explains it ok.

Thanks.