British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 133

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

And perhaps an added Pirate "Aaaaarrrhh!" Pirate

Very happy indeed :D

And I've just spotted there's a smiley here that looks exactly like me

Geek

Congratulations to the 'In the meantime' team!

Well done gents!

Hi all

As a special offer this week, you lucky people, anybody signing up for our script reading service can get two free tickets to this Monday's 5pm show.

Details of the script reading service are here:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/workshops/4/

Cheers, D & S

For anyone thinking of coming along for Monday's second Semi-final, there's only 13 tickets left for the 7.30pm show.

Plenty of tickets left for the 5pm show.

And we've had confirmation that Avalon, Tiger Aspect and literary agency Knight Hall will be coming to the Grand Final.

Cheers, Declan

I see Caroline Aherne is doing a sitcom about some security guards in a shopping centre. If she calls it "In Security" I'm calling my lawyers Angry

I am pretty sure your cost of a phone call will be saved Krusty.

Quote: Krusty @ July 10 2011, 9:17 AM BST

I see Caroline Aherne is doing a sitcom about some security guards in a shopping centre. If she calls it "In Security" I'm calling my lawyers Angry

I think she's probably already seen Nightingales, on Channel 4 in 1990. "Nightingales revolved around the jobs of three bored nightwatchmen working in a deserted office block, the location of which is never revealed, although exterior shots are of a building located on Paradise Circus in Birmingham City Centre."

You can expect to hear from their lawyers. :) *writes colon and smiley face then retires to the thread about plagiarism in sitcom*

Kev F

We've just got back from our second workshop in Paris. The French were wonderful; all professional writers who spoke excellent English.

Here's some of their feedback:

Did you enjoy the workshop?

Yes, very much.
I did!
YES
Yes. A lot.
Yes absolutly
 ABSOLUTELY
Yes absolutly
Yes very much

Other comments

You were very good at creating a nice atmosphere to exchange ideas.

You gave brief and clear explanations on these items (flaw, wants, needs, plot, etc), allowing us to apply them immediately. You presented clear examples when necessary. You responded encouragingly to the outcome of the exercises.

Would have enjoyed a longer workshop, maybe one more day or 1/2 day, to fully develop our group exercise.

Fun and interesting day. I really liked the feeling to be part of an actual workshop for a day. The very practical aspect of your program is a very strong quality.

I'm sure I'm a better writer now than 2 days before

you guys are so good

Good balance between speech/theory and practising/exercices

I like the workshop style. It's nice to practice a beat. And good to have something not too theoretical.

Thanks a lot!

Which does beg the question, who's ever seen a French sitcom? I can only assume they must have them. Did they give you any idea of the state of sitcoms in France?

Quote: Kev F @ July 11 2011, 2:44 PM BST

Which does beg the question, who's ever seen a French sitcom? I can only assume they must have them. Did they give you any idea of the state of sitcoms in France?

Bizarrely, there aren't any. At all. Never have been.

Great show last night. Any word on the final five?

Quote: simon wright @ July 12 2011, 7:00 AM BST

Bizarrely, there aren't any. At all. Never have been.

What about 'Allo 'Allo?

Hi guys

We've got a conference call with Hat Trick at 4.30pm, we'll know after that which sitcoms will be going through to the Grand Final.

Cheers, Dec

Best of luck to all still waiting to hear.

...And to the judges too, as having seen both semi finals, I know I'd find it an almost impossible decision to make.