British Comedy Guide

Friday Night Dinner - Series 1 Page 7

Quote: Mark @ March 3 2011, 12:09 PM GMT

It is too early to write it off.

It's never too early to write something off, Mark.

It seems from the majority of views on here that Grandma's House was a work of art. How can anyone really enjoy a show where the main star cannot act?

Quote: Millsy @ March 3 2011, 12:31 PM GMT

It seems from the majority of views on here that Grandma's House was a work of art.

I'm not sure about a majority... just that those who do like it, like it with a vocal passion, which is fair enough. Personally I thought it was terrible.

(I happened to like Episode 1 anyway as it happens. Loving Mark Heap.)

(Ditto)

It is too early to write it off. Just like Grandma's House, this reportedly gets better as it goes along.

Reported by who - people involved in the show? Hardly likely to announce it gets worse, are they?

No, reviewers and critics.

Quote: Millsy @ March 3 2011, 12:31 PM GMT

It seems from the majority of views on here that Grandma's House was a work of art. How can anyone really enjoy a show where the main star cannot act?

I thought it was terrible personally.

It is too early to write it off. Just like Grandma's House, this reportedly gets better as it goes along. Plus, hey, we haven't had a chance to get to know the characters properly yet.

(I happened to like Episode 1 anyway as it happens. Loving Mark Heap.)

Indeed.

I liked the family enough. Plus Mark Heap and Matthew Holness were great additions.

I didn't love it but found it enjoyable, I'm definitely sticking with it.

It was alright. Entertaining enough and I laughed a fair bit. Not the best thing ever but perfectly decent.

Dan

I actually watched the repeat as well last night, so it must be good!

Some how it seems far better this week

Not sure why

I am enjoying this

First half I thought I was watching the same episode as last week (when I thought it was promising). After tonight I think it's a bit "so what".

Really enjoyed it tonight, just a fun watch.

Enjoying these characters. A nice, fun and actually fairly sweet-natured comedy - and there aren't too many of them thesedays. :)

The dialogue has a nice rhythmn and a bit painful I've had the thing about getting people to listen to my material not being used.