British Comedy Guide

Twenty Twelve - Series 1 Page 10

Quote: ContainsNuts @ April 1 2011, 5:36 PM BST

Then they should show the people who are.

Eh?

Quote: Timbo @ April 1 2011, 11:00 AM BST

Welcome to modern British management culture; the satire would be inaccurate if there were any consequences for the people involved, other than perhaps a golden parachute.

Wouldn't the 2012 group be a QUANGO like Yes Minister was constantly mocking 30 years ago? Not really a "modern" problem.

Quote: MTpromises @ April 1 2011, 11:22 PM BST

Wouldn't the 2012 group be a QUANGO like Yes Minister was constantly mocking 30 years ago? Not really a "modern" problem.

Eh?

I think he's saying that the ODA must be a quango, and as they were attacked in Yes Minister, they can't be attacked again now.

I'm just pointing out it's not a modern phenomenon.

This is dire. Struggling to watch.

Very weak tonight. The Darren Boyd storyline is dull and lifeless.

Breathtaking.

It is not a classic, but by far the best sitcom so far this year,

Quote: Timbo @ April 4 2011, 10:54 PM BST

It is not a classic, but by far the best sitcom so far this year,

I've been broadly supportive of this show so far but tonights was dire. A complete dud.

They need to raise the bar.

I thought it was as enjoyable enough.

Second one I caught of this last night. Something definitely lacking, great acting as ever by the usual suspects, but does irony and the now classic docu style pass as enough to keep our interest these days?? Perhaps so. But surely, to persistently WANT to come back, shouldn't you have an interest in where a character goes next, or even give a toss. And sadly, I wouldn't care if I never saw any of these characters again...we have had the embarrassing office types before.
That said, I will probably see it through to the end, purely for Jessica alone, though I don't feel it will do me any good, like a large plate of pasta.

I tried watching last night's ep as I haven't managed a full episode yet. And I couldn't manage it. It just seems curiously old-fashioned, the way they're trying to wring the laughs of out of embarrassment, and the tone, rather than writing anything funny. Just misjudged.

I enjoyed the first couple, but this week and last week's seemed to lose quite a lot. I think I only raised a smile once this week. :(

Quote: Timbo @ April 1 2011, 10:53 PM BST

Eh?

I was saying they should show the people who do face the consequences of their cock-ups.

I'll just be repeating myself by commenting on the latest episode. I didn't actually think it was as bad as some of the others. I like Darren Boyd. But again, no edge. Too soft and no one faces any significant conflict. What was the sub-story with the wind turbine? Seemed a bit crowbarred in.