British Comedy Guide

Claire Zolkwer - New ITV Head of Comedy

It has been announced that Claire Zolkwer is the new head of ITV Comedy. Below her CV:

Claire Zolkwer joined ITV in August 2007 and oversees a range of programmes for ITV1 including The National TV Awards, The Soap Awards, All Star Mr and Mrs and The British Comedy Awards. She also oversees ITV2's entertainment output including What Katie Did Next, Peter Andre: The Next Chapter, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, The Xtra Factor, Britain's Got More Talent, Celebrity Juice, The i-Tunes Festival and Jack Osbourne Celebrity Adrenaline Junkie - as well as The Crime Thriller Awards on ITV3.

Prior to joining ITV, Claire has executive produced shows for major broadcasters including Dancing on Ice Defrosted, Trust Me - I'm A Holiday Rep - as well as acting as a consultant on shows such as I'm A Celebrity...and a spell as Acting Head of Development at TwentyTwenty. Originally hailing from Glasgow, Claire's earlier career in television was as producer and studio director on shows including Pop Idol: Extra, and Big Brother.

Can anybody find a scripted comedy in the above? -discuss......

Quote: Roy Gould @ August 19 2010, 7:37 PM BST

Can anybody find a scripted comedy in the above?

Quote: Roy Gould @ August 19 2010, 7:37 PM BST

Claire Zolkwer joined ITV in August 2007 and oversees a range of programmes for ITV1 including The National TV Awards, The Soap Awards, All Star Mr and Mrs and The British Comedy Awards. She also oversees ITV2's entertainment output including What Katie Did Next, Peter Andre: The Next Chapter, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, The Xtra Factor, Britain's Got More Talent, Celebrity Juice, The i-Tunes Festival and Jack Osbourne Celebrity Adrenaline Junkie - as well as The Crime Thriller Awards on ITV3.

Prior to joining ITV, Claire has executive produced shows for major broadcasters including Dancing on Ice Defrosted, Trust Me - I'm A Holiday Rep - as well as acting as a consultant on shows such as I'm A Celebrity...and a spell as Acting Head of Development at TwentyTwenty. Originally hailing from Glasgow, Claire's earlier career in television was as producer and studio director on shows including Pop Idol: Extra, and Big Brother.

Nice avatar by the way, Roy. Is that you in the chair?

Afraid it is me Ben - the hair's a bit greyer now (who am I kidding -it's nearly white now!!!)

I think it's one of the best avatars on here, Roy.

I've often dreamt of getting a chair with my name on it. The last (and only) time I was on a film set, I got to sit in some 1950s style furniture, but no name on it.

Will Claire Zolkwer get a chair with her name on though?

Well if one chooses to believe some recent rumours, then The British Comedy Awards in recent years can hardly be claimed to be spontaneous, unscripted or independent...

Quote: Ben @ August 19 2010, 10:25 PM BST

I think it's one of the best avatars on here, Roy.

I've often dreamt of getting a chair with my name on it. The last (and only) time I was on a film set, I got to sit in some 1950s style furniture, but no name on it.

Will Claire Zolkwer get a chair with her name on though?

I doubt if Network Centre runs to painting names on Execs chairs - let's face it the paint won't have dried by the time they leave.....!!!

Laughing out loud

How's Norwich these days, Roy? I haven't been there since last December, but it's always a nice treat.

Quote: Ben @ August 19 2010, 10:39 PM BST

Laughing out loud

How's Norwich these days, Roy? I haven't been there since last December, but it's always a nice treat.

Norwich is still a lovely city - I doubt if Claire Zolkwer will ever come here, though as it's outside the M25. So much for regional TV.....

Quote: Roy Gould @ August 20 2010, 7:54 AM BST

Norwich is still a lovely city

May I recommend the Vine pub to you Roy in Dove street. I had a lovely bite of lunch there last Saturday before braving the horrors of walking through the market to John Lewis.

Thanks Marc - I will.

ITV is mostly a croc of shit though. Does anybody actually consider it as an option to send comedy scripts to? I would place it above channel 5, but only just.

Well, Celebrity Juice is funny, but that's about it.

They did at least make an effort not so long ago, with Moving Wallpaper and No Heroics which were both good.

The only saving grave for ITV2 used to be Entourage, but they're not buying that anymore, I understand. The bastards.

Will Ms Zolkwer make a better fist of it.......Um

No Heroics was very good.