British Comedy Guide

Vote Bussell and win £1000 Page 4

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 4 2010, 4:35 PM BST

F**king hell Dave, can't you get a proper job. I don't ask you to wash the blood off my cab.

I do have a proper job, I'm just incredibly greedy and I'd like to pay my mortgage off early.

Thanks so much for all the votes so far but I'm going to need more to make it through the elimination round and guarantee someone a nice slice of cheddar...

http://www.clipstar.com/video/33B/

Bullet!

I've had a few votes in from people who may or may not be BCG members. If you think that might be you, please leave a comment on the video identifying yourself so you're not left out of the draw.

I done it! And commented.

Quote: Gavin @ August 9 2010, 10:34 AM BST

I done it! And commented.

Don't worry, Gav, your compliance has been noted.

For anyone late to the game, the link to play is here...

http://www.clipstar.com/video/33B/

And the conditions to win £1000 are on page 1 of this thread.

As a side note I do think this is one of your funniest sketches.

Quote: Gavin @ August 9 2010, 12:19 PM BST

As a side note I do think this is one of your funniest sketches.

Thanks, Gav. It's an old one and there's plenty I'd change with a re-do but it's good to know someone still likes it.

Damn it Bussell I'll take no part in this latest grasping charade. It's underhand, it's sneaky, it's...wait. A grand you say? I'm in.

Seriously though, in my opinion Dave's doing nowt wrong here. He's one of the very few comedy guys I know who's willing to get off his arse and actually do a bit of hustling. David Hustle. Hah.

Best of luck with it Dave. There's no doubt in my mind that pretty soon you'll be splattered all over the telly screen like a teenager watching the Babestation channel.

It's bollocks, Dave.

Stick it up yo ass!

Frankie xxx :)

P.S. You're a still a talented, charismatic guy but this sucks mate! Well, methinks.

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 12 2010, 12:41 AM BST

Damn it Bussell I'll take no part in this latest grasping charade. It's underhand, it's sneaky, it's...wait. A grand you say? I'm in.

Seriously though, in my opinion Dave's doing nowt wrong here. He's one of the very few comedy guys I know who's willing to get off his arse and actually do a bit of hustling. David Hustle. Hah.

Best of luck with it Dave. There's no doubt in my mind that pretty soon you'll be splattered all over the telly screen like a teenager watching the Babestation channel.

Cheers, Lee, I look forward to your vote in this coming erection.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ August 12 2010, 1:09 AM BST

It's bollocks, Dave.

Stick it up yo ass!

Frankie xxx :)

P.S. You're a still a talented, charismatic guy but this sucks mate! Well, methinks.

In what way is it bollocks though? It's well established that these talent competitions have nothing to with talent (unless you count networking as a talent) so what's the harm in exploiting that? The Clipstar website even goes as far as to say that you don't stand a chance of winning unless you can get your friends voting, which to me is an admission that this isn't a meritocracy. Besides, I've been in touch with the organisers who have said what I'm doing is a-ok. I'm just giving p someone a chance to get a bit rich off of any success I might have. I'm offering a grand for the trouble of signing up to an account. That's not too bad surely? It's got to beat being a contestant on Come Dine With Me anyway...

You're right, Dave well thought through.

It's just so far away from what I want it to be that I baulk at it.

But you're right.

N.B. I would vote for you anyway so you get my vote irrespective of the £1K!

In fact, I've now voted for you, so there! Stick that!

:)

I was going to comment on the low number of views and votes (compared to your yobi-laugh entry) but I just looked at the 'Leaderboard' and saw that 26 votes put you streaks ahead of the competition. When does the elimination round start? Do we have to vote again during each elimination round (like Yobi)?

I never vote for David but something about this competition and this sketch made me think... I'll do it, even though I don't stand to gain anything from it whatsoever.

Ah, have just read the title of the thread again.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ August 12 2010, 7:21 AM BST

You're right, Dave well thought through.

It's just so far away from what I want it to be that I baulk at it.

But you're right.

N.B. I would vote for you anyway so you get my vote irrespective of the £1K!

In fact, I've now voted for you, so there! Stick that!

:)

There must be comedy video contests out there that don't rely on public vote. Can't think of any off-hand though. Anyone know of such an opportunity?

Thanks for giving it the college try but it doesn't look like your vote registered, Frankie. I'm afraid you'll have to try again if you want in on the draw...

Quote: Kenneth @ August 13 2010, 11:02 AM BST

I was going to comment on the low number of views and votes (compared to your yobi-laugh entry) but I just looked at the 'Leaderboard' and saw that 26 votes put you streaks ahead of the competition. When does the elimination round start? Do we have to vote again during each elimination round (like Yobi)?

There are multiple rounds of voting (four as far as I can make out) but you'll be pleased to hear the whole comp ends at the end of September, unlike the Yobi one, which went on for a whole damned year and involved something like 10 rounds.

Thanks for your (first) vote, Kenneth!

Quote: Chopz @ August 13 2010, 2:34 PM BST

I never vote for David but something about this competition and this sketch made me think... I'll do it, even though I don't stand to gain anything from it whatsoever.

In it to win it.