British Comedy Guide

Female comedians Page 22

Jo Brand I tihnk has the most appearances, doesn't she? I thought Sandi Toksvig and Linda Smith, and that lady who does those impressions (you know the one), but on reflection I don't know if they've done enough to be considered regulars. Looking at the list of appearances, it seems that Chip was indeed correct.

Rolling eyes

If you go to the "Trivia" page on the BCG's entry on QI there is a list of people who have regularly appeared on the show.

If you don't count Alan, the most regular panellist, man or woman, is Jo Brand with 25 appearances. However, the second highest woman, Sandi Toksvig, has only appeared five times, her first appearance being in Series G (8).

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/qi/trivia/

I looked on there :D I used the BCG Guide ! I bet Mark is dead proud.

Quote: Baumski @ March 7 2011, 2:27 PM GMT

'Fast and Loose', great show that it is, should be a natural home for female comedians. However, out of 13 guests for the first seeries there's only Ruth Bratt, Laura Solon, Jessica Ransom and Pippa Evans that make up the numbers. And out of those four in the last show there was only one.

Just to nit-pick, it actually had 2 - Pippa Evans appeared for the sideways round.

Quote: Aaron @ March 7 2011, 7:06 PM GMT

Just to nit-pick, it actually had 2 - Pippa Evans appeared for the sideways round.

True, but that was so random and unnecessary, and the round in question was so poor that I had blanked it from my memory and cannot blame anyone else for doing the same...

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 7 2011, 6:03 PM GMT

If you go to the "Trivia" page on the BCG's entry on QI there is a list of people who have regularly appeared on the show.

If you don't count Alan, the most regular panellist, man or woman, is Jo Brand with 25 appearances. However, the second highest woman, Sandi Toksvig, has only appeared five times, her first appearance being in Series G (8).

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/qi/trivia/

This does seem a bit odd, there are many other female celebs who do other panel shows, (Millican for one example) so why aren't they getting on this one? It does indeed have a peculiarly male bias, but is this I wonder due to its anoraky nature, a much more male centric thing?

And why this infatuation with one female over all others? Does Alan Davies like to give her one after, perhaps? It does seem very odd, especially when one female I've seen on there the couple of times she's been on, seems to suit the show more and was far more entertaining (Sue Perkins). Odd.

Sue is good on it, I agree.

Aaronn I nearly got the sack for this kind of stuff, have attitudes changed, can I join in?

If you want to add naturally funny women you could also include the novelist Kathy Lette who I always find amusing when she appears on TV.

All my UK favourites are women, especially the ones with foreign parentage. Can't think of one man I would pay to see.

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ March 15 2011, 11:35 AM GMT

Aaronn I nearly got the sack for this kind of stuff, have attitudes changed, can I join in?

Sorry?

Quote: amin @ July 18 2010, 9:24 PM GMT

Is it just me or does anyone else think female comedians and females in general are just not funny?

Couldn't disagree more.

Jennifer Saunders, Dawn French, Victoria Wood, Miranda Hart, Rhona Cameron, Roison Conaty (new but very funny and talented), Sarah Millican, Daisy Donovan.

All very funny women!

Aaron, apology accepted.
Women make good comedians because they see more than men. Their brains operate at a wider angle, hence multi-tasking ability.
Men are more single minded, unable to vary from the task at hand.
The difference can be seen clearly when they argue.
Sometime during the argument, the woman will make a statement that has nothing to do with anything.The man will complain,
"What the f**k has that got to do with it"
At that moment he has lost,

I don't know if I like female more than male comics. A pretty fair split for me.