British Comedy Guide

Gavin & Stacey Page 5

How do you get four giraffes into a mini?

Quote: Josh Dulaney @ May 18, 2007, 11:31 PM

The seen with the old lady actually actually says,"well no not nothing, a kiss, a cuddle, a cheeky finger just don't go selling him the whole farm!"
For me that was a laugh out loud line. So did the Times who gave it 5 stars, the metro who gave it 5 stars and the bbc who have already recommisioned it. I truly think this could be the best new series since phoenix nights.

I meant to say sCene! Sorry it's late x

5 stars? Out of what, a hundred?

The BBC recommissioned Jam & Jerusalem, and DIDN'T greenlight a series of Dave Spikey's excellent Magnolia.

Quote: Leevil @ May 18, 2007, 11:48 PM

How do you get four giraffes into a mini?

It used to be 'two in the front and two in the back', but these days I prefer 'you can't, they've been commissioned to write a sitcom by the BBC.'

I don't think Peep Show has any jokes in it, has it? There doesn't seem to be set-ups and punchlines just situations and recognisible characters who behave consistently. I know Mark would rather be in bed with a Blue Riband and a book while a party goes on in his flat and that's what's funny.

If you laugh at anything, it was because there was a joke.

Unless you're a cruel, insane bastard, in which case Crimewatch might make you laugh.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 19, 2007, 12:30 AM

Does Crimewatch make you laugh?

Yes...

It was funny when they reconstructed a teenage rape and the actress got pregnant.

Did I say that? :$

Haha, that's brilliant if it's true.

True? Of course it's not true! :O

Very good acting if it was.

Quote: David H @ May 19, 2007, 12:25 AM

I don't think Peep Show has any jokes in it, has it? There doesn't seem to be set-ups and punchlines just situations and recognisible characters who behave consistently. I know Mark would rather be in bed with a Blue Riband and a book while a party goes on in his flat and that's what's funny.

It is a very character based comedy but it still has its fair share of jokes. From last nights show when Jez said that him and Superhans had played "Melon-Cock" or whatever they called it. And then Nancy goes to eat the Melon with the hole in it. Although this was then ruined when Jez re-emphasised this joke by pointing it out to us, just in case we missed it.

Ruined? Not really.

Well okay ruined was a strong word. But took something away from the original joke, we got it, we didn't need it pointing out to us, we're not stupid.

How did he point it out?
Him saying 'Don't eat that'?
He didn't say 'cause we had our dicks in it last night'.

Or did he...? I may have forgotten.

Didn't he say "that's bad melon." He didn't really point it out like in our faces.

Sorry, didn't see Peep Show, but I can't believe somebody put their dick in a melon. What's wrong with Hovis? Or Kingsmill if you've got money to burn.