British Comedy Guide

The gambling thread Page 40

I've cracked, I have gone for England to win the Euro's at 4/1. I think that is their true odds now.
Either way, it will add some spice while watching. (if they win tonight - that will be gone)

I was sure I'd done me bread.

I had quite a nice win betting on a 90 minute draw Slovakia vs England
but it only just came in, as we all saw

England are no longer favourites (Spain 2/1) but the bookies can't really split any of the four left.
Southgate, despite the constant berating by the press and fans has found a way to win (or draw) every match.
I can't ignore that, so I've put a bit more on.

¡Ole!

It is Paul Turner's birthday today. Paul Turner is a racehorse owner with horses with Ed Dunlop. He likes a horse to be readied to win on his birthday does Paul Turner. Two years ago it was a 2yo debutant at Pontefract @ 10/1. Last year it was Turner Girl at Newcastle @ 11/2. This year he had three horses entered for his big day, two of which were entered in the same race - the 5.05 at Thirsk. Of these the sole runner for whom they have opted to do the honours is Turner Girl again, one of his two entries in the 5.05 Thirsk. You might think the name of the horse has a certain significance too.

Just saying...

Oh you've just reminded me to do the ITV 7 and the Bet 365 version, ta. Thirsk eh? Whenever I look at horseracing on TV or online I see yet another race course I've not heard of. There must be hundreds of em in UK.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd August 2024, 11:42 AM

Thirsk eh? Whenever I look at horseracing on TV or online I see yet another race course I've not heard of. There must be hundreds of em in UK.

Not quite. 59 in England, Wales & Scotland and a further 2 in Northern Ireland.

And how many will be left after Angie Rayner's building spree I wonder, to intermix the threads?

Have you heard of Beverley racecourse Alf? It's over 300 years old and the 'Jockey Club was started there.

You're addicted to gambling. - Wanna bet?

Got a little 50p football Acca win to start the season
Wimbledon, Cheltenham, Doncaster Fleetwood and Walsall

My other bet had Leeds winning so that went down the Swanny

If you fancy a small flutter, be on 'Life on the rocks - 18:00 Windsor tonight. E/W. I have heard good things from sources and the horse is traveling nearly 300 miles for a lowly race. I've bagged 20/1 but it's dropping.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th August 2024, 11:52 AM

If you fancy a small flutter, be on 'Life on the rocks - 18:00 Windsor tonight. E/W. I have heard good things from sources and the horse is traveling nearly 300 miles for a lowly race. I've bagged 20/1 but it's dropping.

Well done SG! And thanks!

Thanks, I hope some here were on it. Took 20's as I said and can't complain but 28/1. I think the money was down and that was it.