British Comedy Guide

Rev - Series 1 Page 5

Quote: chipolata @ July 5 2010, 6:53 PM BST

I don't accept that at all. I certainly don't see it as an exercise in demonisation.

That's because it's not, Cheese bloke is wrong.

Yeah I just thought that was a way to make him more 'human' - easier to relate to.

Very enjoyable again; more of a happy smile than a laugh out loud sort of a show.

Hopefully I can both of these on iPlayer, or something.

Still good!

Liked Olivia Colman being a saucy.

Not bad, although I preferred last week. Weirdly I felt the bits that worked best were the serious bits when we saw Hollander's steely side. I thought the Charismatics were slightly too cartoonish.

Looked like typical religious people to me... Whistling nnocently

Quote: zooo @ July 5 2010, 11:15 PM BST

Looked like typical religious people to me... Whistling nnocently

You can be so jud... oh, f**k that!

Quote: chipolata @ July 5 2010, 10:54 PM BST

Weirdly I felt the bits that worked best were the serious bits when we saw Hollander's steely side.

I agree. Could be a lot of comedy from that. He really is a top class performer.

Quote: zooo @ June 28 2010, 10:38 PM BST

I liked when he took his dog collar off and shouted at the builders.

Don't reeeeeally like that he fancies the headmistress, makes me feel bad for Olivia Coleman. :(

It's preferable to fancying young boys like the Catholics do, sorry SOME Catholics do. I wonder if Linehhan would have written an episode on kiddy fiddling if the news had come out when Father Ted was still around? I think he might have got some kind of reference in there, he's always been pretty bold in his writing.

Sorry, back to the topic...erm, haven't seen it yet, slightly odd scheduling for a mild sitcom maybe?

If you'd seen it, you'd know it's not odd scheduling!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 6 2010, 8:33 AM BST

It's preferable to fancying young boys like the Catholics do, sorry SOME Catholics do. I wonder if Linehhan would have written an episode on kiddy fiddling if the news had come out when Father Ted was still around? I think he might have got some kind of reference in there, he's always been pretty bold in his writing.

Sorry, back to the topic...erm, haven't seen it yet, slightly odd scheduling for a mild sitcom maybe?

Wasn't there an episode where Ted got all flustered talking to a woman and mentioned paedo priests?

Nice Father Ted type moment with Darren Boyd and the rapper in their car looking menacing outside of Rev's house.
Anyone know where that church is in London?
It looks very familiar but maybe it's because churches look all the same anyway.

It's St Leonard's on Shoreditch High Street.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&sll=51.507962,-0.127995&sspn=0.042577,0.111752&ll=51.526768,-0.078052&spn=0,0.013969&z=17&layer=c&cbll=51.526883,-0.078055&panoid=tsSm_tDYzoiWJmcbVPPetw&cbp=12,101.33,,0,0.85

I just walked past there a minute ago.

Read my blog I've got loads of funny anecdotes just like that one.