British Comedy Guide

Rev - Series 1

This just got reviewed on Front Row. It was described as an urban Vicar of Dibley. Oh dear. :(

Ooh, Tom Hollander. Should be good.

One of the best portrayals of a vicar (apart from Father Ted n Co). Was the one in 15 Storeys High. That was brilliant.

The review wasn't very hopeful. Old jokes and not a lot else. I'll still watch, mind, as Hollander's always worth a peek.

I'm not sure I can summarise in one post how much I'm looking forward to this. Tom Hollander is a brilliant performer, terribly underrated and underused IMO. I wish they'd actually confirm the scheduling though.

Hollander is considered one of the best actors of his generation. I wouldn't call him underrated.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 15 2010, 11:31 PM BST

Hollander is considered one of the best actors of his generation. I wouldn't call him underrated.

But is he played better by Branagh or the original foreign chap?

Maybe Aaron means underrated as in most normal people wouldn't even have heard of him.
He's no Hugh Grant as far as fame goes!

He's not better known because he's concentrated mainly on theatre. The ponce.

I liked Desperate Romantics.

Quote: Marc P @ June 16 2010, 11:24 AM BST

I liked Desperate Romantics.

So did I. Hollander is brillant.

He was a right bastard in Pirates of the Carribean.

But he hasn't had a definitive screen role in the way that Coogan has Partridge, gervais has Brent and Reed has Butcher.

Perhaps if he comes back for the next series of Thick Of It as The F**ker, his name will be writ larger.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 16 2010, 1:54 PM BST

Perhaps if he comes back for the next series of Thick Of It as The F**ker, his name will be writ larger.

Trouble is, The F**ker is a Tuckeresque character, so it'll be fun but not wholly original.