British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 966

Quote: reds @ June 5 2012, 1:10 PM BST

Cyclists who when riding on the path behind you don't bother to ring the bell to let you know they are coming, just shout at you at the last second

I had one like that the other day. He actually shouted "Ring ring! Ring ring!" as he approached me. We were both quite embarrassed.

Quote: chipolata @ June 5 2012, 1:12 PM BST

I had one like that the other day. He actually shouted "Ring ring! Ring ring!" as he approached me. We were both quite embarrassed.

Heh, Heh.

I do say "Beep, Beep" at kids in supermarkets if they are in the way of my trolley.

Quote: billwill @ June 5 2012, 2:43 PM BST

Heh, Heh.

I do say "Beep, Beep" at kids in supermarkets if they are in the way of my trolley.

I just ram them down - soon Morrison's will be a child-free zone. Laughing out loud

Quote: reds @ June 5 2012, 1:10 PM BST

Cyclists who when riding on the path behind you don't bother to ring the bell to let you know they are coming, just shout at you at the last second to get out the way. Especaily when said path is beside a very busy road meaning that you have no chance hearing them unless they ring the bell.

Just got back from Amsterdam, f**k me they're everywhere, the bastards!
It was quite funny trying to find our way back after sampling some local delicacies and avoid getting hit by the trams, let alone the cyclists.

The trams are deadly!

So are the cyclists! And grumpy.

Can you still sample "some local delicacies"? I thought they'd banned foreigners.

Quote: billwill @ June 5 2012, 2:43 PM BST

Heh, Heh.

That's acceptable, Billwill. But we were two manly men on a deserted footpath. It felt wrong.

Quote: Booo @ June 5 2012, 5:10 PM BST

Just got back from Amsterdam, f**k me they're everywhere, the bastards!
It was quite funny trying to find our way back after sampling some local delicacies and avoid getting hit by the trams, let alone the cyclists.

I don't remember trams being a problem, but bloody cyclists! How are you meant to avoid hitting them when they suddenly zoom out of side streets at about 60 mph? I found driving in Holland a nightmare because of them, also the narrow roads.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 5 2012, 5:16 PM BST

Can you still sample "some local delicacies"? I thought they'd banned foreigners.

So did I, and it's not the reason we went. But when in Amsterdam... :D
They do it to stop kids going over there (mainly from Germany) just for it. There were a lot of coffee shops still and where we went they asked for ID to youngsters (sadly not the case for me anymore).

Cool, maybe there is a reason to return a third time...

;) Booo sad end to an era, thinking of going in October but believe it is expensive to stay?

Will end up in Bruges, where I have been nearly injured 3 times by bicycle.

ps; was pleasantly suprised that someone in chemist doubted my age!

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 5 2012, 6:42 PM BST

Cool, maybe there is a reason to return a third time...

We went to one that had Doors in its name (can't remember) and after a while of being there I started noticing most of the wall artwork was about Jim Morrison and The Doors and in my state I said too loudly "they sure like The Doors in here". There was a splits second if tumbleweeding and then the whole place laughed at me.

Quote: dellas @ June 5 2012, 6:46 PM BST

;) Booo sad end to an era, thinking of going in October but believe it is expensive to stay?

Will end up in Bruges, where I have been nearly injured 3 times by bicycle.

Really? It's the end of the season (whilst the weather is still warm), it shouldn't be a lot.

Quote: dellas @ June 5 2012, 6:46 PM BST

??

Would this have been in the time when chemists were known as apothecaries?

>_< Booo!

You needn't worry dellas. If you needed something in my day, you had to go all the way to Greece and speak to some bird called Sybil.