British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 950

Quote: AJGO @ May 16 2012, 12:21 AM BST

I see. Dreadfully sorry for being born somewhere.

S'ok, you can't help not being Black Country stock !

:D

Indeed. Down with... pubs? Come to drinks in July and I'll wear a flatcap in your honour

Quote: AJGO @ May 16 2012, 12:31 AM BST

Indeed. Down with... pubs? Come to drinks in July and I'll wear a flatcap in your honour

Can I bring me Staffy ?

Is that Northern slang for things wot we refined peoples in the South do not speak of?

Ah bay a Northaner !

Metro centric person !

Angry

:D All Northern past Watford to me poppet ;)

Quote: Oldrocker @ May 16 2012, 12:43 AM BST

Can I bring me Stiffy ?

You old charmer

Sorry anyone on HIGNFY thread, nothing personal, but; people who say next week when they mean this week. Drives me absolutely ballistic

Quote: AJGO @ May 16 2012, 11:39 PM BST

Sorry anyone on HIGNFY thread, nothing personal, but; people who say next week when they mean this week. Drives me absolutely ballistic

I hate it when this happens

Talk to someone on a a particular day, lets say a Sunday. You say see you Thursday (or any day up to saturday) and they come back with this Thursday?

Spending four hours in A&E with Riley Minor to be told that there are no broken bones after she had a nasty playground accident that the school didn't notify us of. Being phoned five days by A&E to be told that the xrays have been reviewed by a consultant and the nurse got it wrong. Minor's toe is broken - hairline fracture.

:( Will they do anything to fix it as it were? Like broken noses you tend to just leave.

A strong shoe is what the highly apologetic nurse told me. But we don't know whether to take her back to the fracture clinic as she's not said that it's still hurting, although there is an appointment booked for friday. We're furious with school for not calling because if we'd known more about the accident at the time, she would have gone straight to the hospital that day. We thought it was just a trip and a graze.

:( I hope it all works out okay!

Wishing Riley well

I'd go to the fracture clinic if I was you

schools do get things wrong

Cheers guys. She's a fairly resilient little thing but very accident prone. (That's girly accident prone rather than boy accident prone which tends to involve blood and properly broken bones and trips in ambulances).

(At the risk of upsetting people a few posts up regarding this week and next week) the appointment is next friday, not tomorrow. I'm inclined to not mention it to her so she doesn't worry, but go and get it looked at to make its healing properly.
But school will be getting it with both barrels. I know they're not medical professionals but I still we should have been called so we had the option of taking her for treatment as soon as it happened.