British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 948

Quote: zooo @ May 12 2012, 5:18 PM BST

The coffee type, not the hip flask type.

What is a coffee flask?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ May 13 2012, 11:36 AM BST

What is a coffee flask?

I think zooo might mean a thermos or one of those mugs with a lid on.

I just meant a normal big one that you might take to work.

(As opposed to those tiny flat ones that people put naughty drinks in.)

Quote: reds @ May 13 2012, 11:49 AM BST

I think zooo might mean a thermos or one of those mugs with a lid on.

Thermos! That's the word.

I rekon you could put a naughty drink in a Thermos. Or for that matter one of the cup type ones with a lid.

*Adds thermos/ travel mug to shopping list for tomorrow

Quote: AJGO @ May 13 2012, 11:03 AM BST

(I am slightly intimidated by both the size and the sheer wondrousness of Marc P's gadget)

If I had a pound for every time I heard that!

:D OH Dear!

Quote: Marc P @ May 13 2012, 11:56 AM BST

If I had a pound for every time I heard that!

You could buy yourself a cup of coffee!

Quote: AJGO @ May 13 2012, 11:03 AM BST

(I am slightly intimidated by both the size and the sheer wondrousness of Marc P's gadget)

If you look closely in those reflections, you can see a naked image of him taking the photo.

Quote: zooo @ May 13 2012, 11:50 AM BST

I just meant a normal big one that you might take to work.

(As opposed to those tiny flat ones that people put naughty drinks in.)

Thermos! That's the word.

I think he means those small ones with a handle on the side that everyone seems to take to work nowadays.

Enough of this flask based malarkey, here is what is shagging my goat at the moment -

Whenever you have to do business with any kind of big corporation and they constantly ask you to complete customer service surveys, read your own meters, print out your own boarding pass and flight tickets and a million other things that make you an unpaid employee of their company.

But then when they are supposed to do their job, they charge you for the priviledge - paper bill, handling fees, administration fees, etc. - with the most Satany of Satan being 'Dear Customer, you have gone £5 over your overdraft / phone limit / credit card / etc., therefore here is a standard letter that we created years ago and costs up nothing to send you priced at £25-£50'.

Oh and if you buy something and it doesn't work properly, you have to ring thier premium rate technical support number, how's that for a double kick to the nards?

They really are dirty, evil, greedy, bastardos of the highest order.

Well quite it's akin to the Chinese tradition of charging a condemned man's family for the bullet he was executed with.

I think they've done away with the charge now, but Ticketmaster used to charge a few bucks to print your own ticket, using your own expensive ink and paper. The (free) alternative was for them to buy an envelope, pay a print shop to print the tickets and then pay postage to send it to your home.

I tried it once because I didn't want to hassle with the will call window at a major festival. The PDF version of the ticket they sent me was garbled, with the text on top of the bar code and all sorts of weirdness. I called and they insisted that they couldn't send me a new file, so my only option was to wait at the will call line, $2.50 poorer.

Screw you, Ticketbastard! Angry

I am procrastinating so much that I've started to try to learn what the left hand does in Fur Elise. It's pissing me right off. I'm hoping if I get pissed off enough I'll do the work I'm meant to be doing. Or I might just go to the pub.

You could find an old East End pub (from a film) with a piano in it and combine the two.

Heh, I actually know of a pub like that that still exists, but it's one of those pubs that if you end up in you're not leaving for a few days. I'm too old for that level of commitment. And a gangster might kill me if I hogged the piano with my zero ability, and I would deserve it.