British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 946

People who forward emails so that the attachments can be circulated - without the attachments. Who finally then format the ******* attachment so that it can only be read by an OS from circa the Dark Ages. WHo don't put anything in the header line so you have no clue what the email concerns. And who don't notice that the attachment has already been circulated competently from another source.
That is all.Angry

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ May 11 2012, 9:57 AM BST

Toilet paper where the second layer tear strips don't match the top layer. You end up with a raggy mess in you hand :)

Hah, typical non-engineer...

Take the top layer and separating it from the next layer, unwind it one turn.
The perforations of the two layers should now line up again.

Cool Cool

People who include their fax numbers in their address. Because, rather than read the address properly, I see something that looks like a phone number and just ring that. And get a horrible electronic squealing and whirring in my ear.

Besides who uses fax these days? You might as well attach a wax seal to your address.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 11 2012, 12:33 PM BST

People who forward emails so that the attachments can be circulated - without the attachments. Who finally then format the ******* attachment so that it can only be read by an OS from circa the Dark Ages. WHo don't put anything in the header line so you have no clue what the email concerns. And who don't notice that the attachment has already been circulated competently from another source.
That is all.Angry

I guess the 'you' in Things that piss you off isn't of the collective variety.

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 11 2012, 12:39 PM BST

I guess the 'you' in Things that piss you off isn't of the collective variety.

Whistling nnocently

I speak only for myself RC but I refer to an individual, whom I have never met, who doesn't have the greatest grasp of IT and I am choosing to vent here rather than let the perpetrator have both barrels as I have a suspicion she's about 98 and doing her best. But someone needs to take her to one side and instruct on the basics of a secretarial function before something inadvertantly goes embarrassingly global.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 11 2012, 12:47 PM BST

But someone needs to take her to one side and instruct on the basics of a secretarial function before something inadvertantly goes embarrassingly global.

Well then, guess you're gonna have to man up and break some old lady's heart - and not for the first time I'll wager. Smarmy

I understand your need to vent, but your predicament is so personally specific and work related that I have trouble empathisizing.

Oh okay then, I'll give it a try - stupid old bitch, I blame the Government for making these knackered old glue horses work past retirement age, they really are idiots for not realising how computers work, the elderly tossers.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 11 2012, 12:53 PM BST

Oh okay then, I'll give it a try - stupid old bitch, I blame the Government for making these knackered old glue horses work past retirement age, they really are idiots for not realising how computers work, the elderly tossers.

:D

Quote: Tursiops @ May 11 2012, 12:38 PM BST

People who include their fax numbers in their address. Because, rather than read the address properly, I see something that looks like a phone number and just ring that. And get a horrible electronic squealing and whirring in my ear.

Besides who uses fax these days? You might as well attach a wax seal to your address.

When people don't read information correctly and try several times to send a fax to the phone line. Then I get the horrible noise in my ear.

Also people who get the wrong number and just hang up in my ear.

Quote: Tursiops @ May 11 2012, 12:38 PM BST

You might as well attach a wax seal to your address.

I'd like to see this brought back please

I would quite like a personal messenger too, on a horse.

Quote: Nogget @ May 11 2012, 10:33 AM BST

There's a solution to that; take the first layer and unwrap it once, so it becomes the second layer. You should now have 2 or 3 single-layered sheets, and a perfect wipe after that.

Quote: billwill @ May 11 2012, 12:38 PM BST

Hah, typical non-engineer...

Take the top layer and separating it from the next layer, unwind it one turn.
The perforations of the two layers should now line up again.

Cool Cool

Yes - we all know that one after bitter experience - plus when your finger goes through it.

Are cafetieres just one of those things that break on a regular basis, or is it me being clumsy?

Nope they are short lived, none dishwasher proof glass my arse!

How do you get your ring to sparkle?

Quote: sootyj @ May 11 2012, 4:44 PM BST

dishwasher proof glass my arse!

Quote: AJGO @ May 11 2012, 4:43 PM BST

Are cafetieres just one of those things that break on a regular basis, or is it me being clumsy?

I honestly don't know what one of those are - do you drink coffee from it or shove it in your pee hole? Or both?