British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 939

Quote: AJGO @ May 3 2012, 11:48 PM BST

but I am a little concerned that someone of your social capability and reasonable intellect seems to be unable to separate what they've been told to think and feel from any personalised affectionate or even neutral view of other human beings.

My main complaint was to do with idiots on Facebook demanding that I find a woman, whom I've never met and doesn't look all that great, as being beautiful or I'm sort of superficial monster responsible for insecure birds all over the Western world chucking up their dinners.

I rarely use the word 'beautiful' to describe any woman I haven't met - normally I stick to 'nice norks', 'gives me a boner' and 'phwoar, I'd like to smash in her backdoors', etc.

Of course, like all sensible ladyfolk, I should determine whether someone is beautiful or not based on the opinions of women's magazine beauty editors.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 3 2012, 11:49 PM BST

So we can differentiate between
The likes of Handsome Brad Pitt & Handsome Benedict Cumberbatch

Women have a far more negotiable concept of attractiveness than men. I am reminded of Peter Crouch's answer when asked what he would have been if he had not been a Premier League footballer: " A virgin."

I'm sorry, but the woman in that photo is not beautiful, She's a 'not bad' at a push. And that's coming from size 20!

Women are no experts on what men find attractive, and men are frankly baffled by women's taste in men.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 3 2012, 11:58 PM BST

My main complaint was to do with idiots on Facebook demanding that I find a woman, whom I've never met and doesn't look all that great, as being beautiful or I'm sort of superficial monster responsible for insecure birds all over the Western world chucking up their dinners.

I don't facebook, so perhaps I'm being unsympathetic as to the terrible demands placed upon your conscience regarding the extent to which you personally affect a vast wealth of mental disorders whilst you wrestle with your morals as to whether or not to 'like'.

I rarely use the word 'beautiful' to describe any woman I haven't met - normally I stick to 'nice norks', 'gives me a boner' and 'phwoar, I'd like to smash in her backdoors', etc.

Oh RC, you always win me around with your charm. Where do you think your outrage about women who you don't find attractive, or even beautiful, conceivably being thought of as attractive or beautiful, actually comes from? Most adults are able to deal with the idea that people have different tastes. Genuine question.

Of course, like all sensible ladyfolk, I should determine whether someone is beautiful or not based on the opinions of women's magazine beauty editors.

Of course. I personally know a whole zero amount of women who buy glossy magazines, but don't let that stop you from stereotyping all women in exactly the same way as you claim to despise when it's regarding an idea or image you don't approve of, but reinforce far more than anyone else.

AJGO always says what I think, but about 10 times more eloquently.

Innit.

P.S. That woman does look just like Maggie Gyllenhaal!

Quote: AJGO @ May 4 2012, 12:13 AM BST

Of course. I personally know a whole zero amount of women who buy glossy magazines, but don't let that stop you from stereotyping all women in exactly the same way as you claim to despise when it's regarding an idea or image you don't approve of, but reinforce far more than anyone else.

Whoa nelly, don't criticise me for having an ideal vision of the physical female form when it's women themselves who spend a gajillion squids a year trying to achieve the exact same ideal.

As much as I'd like to think they are doing all this work just for me, apparently I'm not even in the frame and it's their own gender putting on the majority of pressure.

As for my stereotyping of all women - would an overweight man post a semi-naked picture of himself on Facebook demanding that people find him beautiful?

Hey we would all like to sit around eating pies all day as complete strangers bombard us with compliments, but it hasn't happened to me yet, so Miss Glorious TwentyTwo can sod off.

:) Forgive me RC you always end up pissing me off, your opinions are so reactionary and steriotypical of morons that I hate.You have a very 'high opinion' that your views are appreciated- indeed they are not.

You sound like a middle class loser, a loner, no girl fiends and very misogynist about your 'world view'. Rolling eyes

Quote: dellas @ May 4 2012, 3:13 AM BST

You sound like a middle class loser, a loner, no girl fiends and very misogynist about your 'world view'.

"Fiends" is probably a Freudian slip. That said, RC sounds like the kind of guy most men would like to hang out with. No gay stuff, of course.

;) Frigging why? OH made a one letter mistake- get over it, the point was well made, why you so protective? allusions of self? of the worst kind? Why mention 'NO gay stuff' bit pathetic really!

Dabutt please Butt out. Laughing out loud

Quote: dellas @ May 4 2012, 5:46 AM BST

;) Frigging why? OH made a one letter mistake- get over it, the point was well made, why you so protective? allusions of self? of the worst kind? Why mention 'NO gay stuff' bit pathetic really!

Dabutt please Butt out. Laughing out loud

Smarmy Angry Angry :O :$ :$ >_< >_< :S Unimpressed Pirate Wave Eh? Eh? :| Rolling eyes Teary Laughing out loud :D Pirate Angelic Wave Sick Lovey <3 Wales Scotland England Hug Console Console Geek Laughing out loud ;) :) :D :$ >_< :| :| :| Eh? Sick England ? ? <3 Geek Console Hug Hug Hug Hug Unimpressed :S >_< Huh? :$ :D :( Cool Cool Cool Pleased Pleased Whistling nnocently Rolling eyes ;) :) :| :| :| :| Smarmy Unimpressed Pirate Lovey Geek !

:) Again 'overstated'.

I happen to know AJGO has every copy of Hatler

And Smash Hats.

I knew someone would mention Hatler eventually