British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 936

I guess it just irked me, then. Saying "People do cut themselves for the buzz" made me think you meant they all do. And it's not like that.

Of course people don't enjoy it... that's ridiculous. They are substituting one pain for another. It's a 'coping' mechanism.

There are no 'recreational cutters'

Actually there are.

Excessive sympathy is damn close to pity.

People like I say do alsort of stuff for alsorts of reasons.

It doesn't make sense or anything,

We'll have to disagree then.

Maybe we have a different understanding of the word 'enjoy'... which is ok because there seems to be quite a few who have a very different understanding of the word 'beauty' too.

Maybe we should all agree what words mean first before we disagree on the finer points of theories... or beauty will only mean a semi naked woman in the " I'm definitely, definitely, not gay" thread. I mean who do you fancy.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 2 2012, 4:48 PM BST

I guess it just irked me, then. Saying "People do cut themselves for the buzz" made me think you meant they all do. And it's not like that.

I'm sorry for failing to be clear, and I shall stop posting on this topic to prevent the possibility of causing further unintentional offence.

Sorry. :$ I'm probably just hypersensitive.

Quote: rwayne @ May 2 2012, 5:11 PM BST

Maybe we have a different understanding of the word 'enjoy'... which is ok because there seems to be quite a few who have a very different understanding of the word 'beauty' too.

Maybe we should all agree what words mean first before we disagree on the finer points of theories... or beauty will only mean a semi naked woman in the " I'm definitely, definitely, not gay" thread. I mean who do you fancy.

Agree
;)

Quote: Nogget @ May 2 2012, 5:13 PM BST

I'm sorry for failing to be clear, and I shall stop posting on this topic to prevent the possibility of causing further unintentional offence.

:O

I think you broke the internet!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 2 2012, 4:22 PM BST

:O :O Those BASTARDS!

I know, just like the word 'awesome' and 'genius', the word 'beauty' is also being chucked around far too much - particularly when newspapers brown nose the monarchy and come up with crap like 'Royal beauties Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie'.

I get it, every woman wants to be told that she is 'beautiful', but without some form of relativistic measurement, how do you determine 'beauty'? Oh I know, look on the Who Do You Fancy thread and read my posts.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 2 2012, 7:04 PM BST

I get it, every woman wants to be told that she is 'beautiful', but without some form of relativistic measurement, how do you determine 'beauty'

Ha, you don't. Each person figures it out for themselves.

Quote: zooo @ May 2 2012, 7:11 PM BST

Each person figures it out for themselves.

:O

Some beautiful comments here on all sides.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 2 2012, 7:04 PM BST

I get it, every woman wants to be told that she is 'beautiful', but without some form of relativistic measurement, how do you determine 'beauty'?

You measure it on a scale of 0 to 1000 launched ships.

Laughing out loud

Quote: rwayne @ May 2 2012, 5:11 PM BST

Maybe we have a different understanding of the word 'enjoy'...

Maybe we should all agree what words mean first before we disagree on the finer points of theories.

Go on then. What's your definition of the word?