British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 922

;) A filliment of your imagination?.... OH Dear.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 15 2012, 11:43 PM BST

Everything pisses me off, but people bursting into tears on cue is really depressing - from the idiots on the Titanic fun tour of death to North Korean mourners to reality show contestants - I'd give them all something real to cry about.

It's weird how unorganic so many American reality shows feel.

Seriously scripting ordinary people makes them just feel so stagy, Kitchen Nightmares was ace in the UK, the US version is pretty much unwatchable.

Albeit the Undercover Boss was quite funny. They had this guy who ran luxury resorts and looked and sounded like a rapist bullfrog. He gave all of his staff huge bonuses because he couldn't even pretend to be nice and was clearly doing this shit for the free adveritising.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 15 2012, 11:43 PM BST

Everything pisses me off, but people bursting into tears on cue is really depressing - from the idiots on the Titanic fun tour of death to North Korean mourners to reality show contestants - I'd give them all something real to cry about.

It's weird how unorganic so many American reality shows feel.

Seriously scripting ordinary people makes them just feel so stagy, Kitchen Nightmares was ace in the UK, the US version is pretty much unwatchable.

Albeit the Undercover Boss was quite funny. They had this guy who ran luxury resorts and looked and sounded like a rapist bullfrog. He gave all of his staff huge bonuses because he couldn't even pretend to be nice and was clearly doing this shit for the free adveritising.

Picky girls

The Nacho Chronicles!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/UeCNwTLZPLE

www.nacho.com

Quote: Kevin Campbell @ April 17 2012, 6:41 AM BST

Picky girls

The Nacho Chronicles!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/UeCNwTLZPLE

www.nacho.com

Kevin Campbell is rating quite high at present. And not in a good way.

How many more cookery shows can be crammed onto our telly boxes? And people wonder why we're becoming more obese as a nation.

There is at least one cookery show on every single day and they're desperately running out of ideas.

On a slightly different topic:

Be sure to tune into my new show Renegade Carpark's Dutch Ovens on Sky DeathPit 2 this Thursday. This spicy blend of cookery and chat will feature Robert Mugabe demonstrating the correct way to flip a pancake and Stephen Hawkins will make his world famous buffalo wings. It's a winning recipe of laughter, chat and great cooking.

Allen keys.

No, no. Allen keys are brilliant. I used to have one in my purse till the time I drove off with purse on roof of the car. Police had the purse (with driving licence) but Allen key had burst out of purse when it landed on the road ( unless the purse-finder decided the key was too good to hand in).

But can you wear them to go jogging?

Quote: keewik @ April 18 2012, 11:30 PM BST

No, no. Allen keys are brilliant. I used to have one in my purse till the time I drove off with purse on roof of the car. Police had the purse (with driving licence) but Allen key had burst out of purse when it landed on the road ( unless the purse-finder decided the key was too good to hand in).

You do know what an Allen key is ? Being a girl an' all . .

Well I use mine to 'bleed the radiators' an inverse sort of key.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 19 2012, 12:05 AM BST

You do know what an Allen key is ? Being a girl an' all . .

My Allen key was a about 3 inches long, a straight bit with a short bit at right angles, probably hexangonal (or some other agonal) shaped so it could fit into bolts. Is there another kind?

Energy saving lightbulbs.
More specifically, those people who say they can't see any difference in the light quality and that I should get over it.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 19 2012, 9:59 AM BST

More specifically, those people who say they can't see any difference in the light quality and that I should get over it.

A few years ago there were advances in LEDs which meant they could produce energy-saving lightbulbs which came on fully the instant you switched them on. So why aren't they on the market? Could it be they want to flog off all these rubbish fluorescent ones first?

Anyway, you should get over it, I can't see any difference in the light quality.

They exist but you need a diferent light fitting.

innit.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 19 2012, 9:59 AM BST

We have them in our bathroom and it's only just bright enough once I've finished my shower. Rubbish.