British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 90

Busy post offices where you can see plenty of counter staff hovering around but they won't bloody open a counter until they've stamped that last imaginary piece of paper.

Quote: Leevil @ February 26, 2008, 10:00 AM

The 5 hour bus/coach journey I'm about to have.

:(

Ouch. Where are you going? Why not by train? Trains are fun. :)

I'm *very* annoyed by my brother right now!

Quote: Aaron @ February 26, 2008, 11:02 AM

Ouch. Where are you going? Why not by train? Trains are fun. :)

And I'm home...

The coach/bus takes me 4 1/2 hours with 1 change from coach to bus and totals £30 from Skegness - Northampton.

The train takes 7 1/2 with 4/5/6 changes and costs about £50+ and I have to take the most indirect route ever, going up to Birmingham and god knows where else.

oh...and my jaw aching-is making me worry about my cartillage piercing by making it ache too.

Quote: Leevil @ February 26, 2008, 5:43 PM

The coach/bus takes me 4 1/2 hours with 1 change from coach to bus and totals £30 from Skegness - Northampton.

The train takes 7 1/2 with 4/5/6 changes and costs about £50+ and I have to take the most indirect route ever, going up to Birmingham and god knows where else.

Ah. That would be why then. :(

I do like the trains, they have toilets and some have food bars and the gentle rhythm of it going along the tracks is so relaxing... but I hate the stations, they're horrible, cold and depressing.

Local ones are rubbish. But some old London ones are goooorgeous. (And I assume in other cities, but they don't count.)

Quote: Leevil @ February 26, 2008, 6:22 PM

I do like the trains, they have toilets and some have food bars and the gentle rhythm of it going along the tracks is so relaxing... but I hate the stations, they're horrible, cold and depressing.

You don't have to get off at every stop. :P

Quote: ContainsNuts @ February 26, 2008, 6:24 PM

You don't have to get off at every stop. :P

I always get off at every stop.

Cool

... Errr

We saw some boys who got off at one stop then ran to the next one, and got back on the same bus! The bus driver just laughed and waved them back on!

Quote: zooo @ February 26, 2008, 6:23 PM

Local ones are rubbish. But some old London ones are goooorgeous. (And I assume in other cities, but they don't count.)

Agreeed!

(It does upset me somewhat how they've been allowed to fall apart though. Particularly Paddington. The way they've spruced up KCSP just illustrates how amazing they CAN be.)

\o/ for Aaron and his long awaited train/station discussion.

You don't know the half of it mate, you really don't. :/

I went on a proper choo choo train last summer.

It was very, very, very slow.