British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 899

Quote: zooo @ March 19 2012, 11:14 AM GMT

Well there's a novelty.

How good of you to illustrate my point...

You've cleverly used the word 'novelty' to suggest that I've never agreed with anyone or any point, which is utterly ridiculous (as you well know) but it's
convenient for you to make a 'point'.

Though it IS interesting how people view themselves... I agree.

I think you're probably reading too much into what zooo said, rwayne. You're coming across a bit oversensitive.

Not in the least oversensitive. I just try and answer the points that are put to me. Particularly when the same point is made over and over.

rwayne, would you like to come for drinks on the 13th?

Quote: AJGO @ March 19 2012, 12:00 PM GMT

rwayne, would you like to come for drinks on the 13th?

I think, maybe, it'll be a bit far away for me... but thanks for asking.

Quote: Harridan @ March 19 2012, 11:39 AM GMT

I think you're probably reading too much into what zooo said, rwayne. You're coming across a bit oversensitive.

Indeed. I was saying it was a novelty for you to agree with me. Based on my past experience of you.

And to ensure happiness here's some Benedict Cumberbatches that looks like otters.

http://gunslingerannie.tumblr.com/post/19566671961/greenmachine019-redscharlach-otters-who-look

Uncanny!

He'd better watch out with game keepers armed with shovels.

He'd better watch out with game keepers armed with shovels.

Quote: Nogget @ March 19 2012, 10:58 AM GMT

Similarly, I had an annoying person in front of me for the till in a shop yesterday. Half way through buying something, he wandered off and started browsing for greetings cards, leaving the rest of us having to wait behind him. When he finally came back, and was told what he owed, he said it was more than he'd expected and made her check several items back. Dozy, inconsiderate twonk.

Nooooo!!!!

I would be quite happy to never set foot in a supermarket ever again. From the easily distracted idiots hitting me with their trolleys to self service tils that constantly require assistance to dirty mofos who can't stand in a queue properly - stand behind me not beside me, you bastard! - I find the entire experience unnecessarily unpleasant, aggressive and discourteous.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ March 19 2012, 10:21 AM GMT

The over zealous lollipop lady that holds me and thousands of other drivers up every morning.

Yeah, stupid cow, you should just be allowed to drive over old ladies and children on your way to your massively important job.

Or, you could go another route that doesn't involve going past that school. But no, that might add an extra 5 minutes to your journey and if you don't hit that toilet stall at work first, then you will have to smell some other corporate drone's jobby.

So in closing, kill the Lollipop Lady, kill all the children (why not, they're not your kids) and get to work early so you can totally dominate the toilet space with your stinky poos.

Yay! \0/

I'm sure I must have written my experience badly or made it easily mis-understood.
I didn't mean that she stood in front of me for half an hour but that when she is lolly-popping it puts 30 minutes extra on my journey. From a mile back I can see her stood in the road waiting and waiting for kids to slope up the road instead of waiting while they are there or a few gather at the crossing (as normal LP ladies do)

I believe you Stephen. Why not e-mail the local constabulary and say the hold-up is causing the roads to become dangerously choked ? Maybe the Police will turn up and advise her how to be more efficient.

Quote: Nogget @ March 19 2012, 2:42 PM GMT

Why not e-mail the local constabulary and say the hold-up is causing the roads to become dangerously choked ? Maybe the Police will turn up and advise her how to be more efficient.

I'd never heard the term "lollipop lady" but here in Texas the crossing guards are police officers and tend to be very good at maintaining traffic flow.

Moths that land on you while you're still wearing the cardigan. The insect equivalent of relatives lingering hopefully at your deathbed.

AND, when radio stations play Should I Stay or Should I Go and don't leave the extra second at the end for the footstep

Grumpy piss off coming up ! . . . .

Why does (seemingly) 50% of people feel they can't venture out of the house without two wires dangling from their ears?

F**k me! Do you crave entertainment that badly or can't you take the sounds of everyday life !

Angry