British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 896

Quote: DaButt @ March 16 2012, 12:16 PM GMT

I think so. Most of the good ones are made by ancient Cubans in Tampa from tobacco grown from old Cuban seed stock, so I doubt the real things are as good as they're hyped to be. Sort of a forbidden fruit thing ...

Why would anyone smoke a cheap cigar?

I'll mull it over while I finish this Siglo VI and get back to you.

Though I've never been an advocate of drive by shooting, I am more then happy to make an exception for those twunts who line up outside the Apple shop days in advance to buy a piece of overpriced, overhyped, posing, tosser shitmagubbins.

I really don't understand the mind set, the motivation or the quasi-religious fervour surrounding this commercial enterprise. It doesn't help that the Apple Tarts remind me of the nuclear bomb worshippers from a Planet of the Apes movies.

If I had my way, I'd highjack the first shipment of iPad 3s, have the truck back up to those waiting in line for 5 days and smash each one with a hammer in front of their stupid, nerdy, vapid faces, whilst obviously shouting 'How do you like them Apples?!'

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 16 2012, 12:30 PM GMT

Though I've never been an advocate of drive by shooting, I am more then happy to make an exception for those twunts who line up outside the Apple shop days in advance to buy a piece of overpriced, overhyped, posing, tosser shitmagubbins.

There was a guy on the news who susposedly flew from America to Australia just to get the Ipad earlier than if he stayed at home. Hope he's planning on extending his visit, Long way to come just to stand in a line for a few hours. I will confess to standing in lines for some books etc but not for an entire night and certainly wouldn't travel to another country just to get it.

It is astonishing what people will waste their money on.
Still, if it makes them happy...

Quote: DaButt @ March 16 2012, 12:07 PM GMT

Smoking an expensive cigar is fun while you're drinking. Sick

Quite a trick that I'm sure. Doesn't it get wet or make the drink taste a bit weird?

He sticks it in his ear.

Quote: Chappers @ March 16 2012, 12:51 PM GMT

Quite a trick that I'm sure. Doesn't it get wet or make the drink taste a bit weird?

How common are the plebs on here? Us Lord Monopoly types in our top hats and monocles dip the ends of our cigars in brandy - not the lit end obviously.

'How do you like them Apples?!'

:D

If I had my way, I'd highjack the first shipment of iPad 3s, have the truck back up to those waiting in line for 5 days and smash each one with a hammer in front of their stupid, nerdy, vapid faces, whilst obviously shouting 'How do you like them Apples?!'

There are YouTube videos of people smashing brand new Apple devices in front of the crowd lined up in an attempt to buy them on the day they're released.

I'll admit that a shiny new iPad will be waiting for me when I get home today. I gave my old MacBook to my daughter and decided to try an iPad as a replacement.

Apple often does things that annoy me but I have to admit that I've grown to love their hardware and their operating system is the bee's knees. I won't be going back to noisy PCs and creaky old Windows anytime soon.

Posting this from my new iPad just to piss off RC. Wave

Just been thinking of buying a new Apple iMac DB, for editing HD films. Shorts. :)

I have 2 iMacs, 2 iPhones, a MacBook, 2 Mac Minis, an iPad and an iPod. But I'm not one of those Apple fanboys that RC detests so much. ;)

:D

Quote: DaButt @ March 17 2012, 1:53 PM GMT

I have 2 iMacs, 2 iPhones, a MacBook, 2 Mac Minis, an iPad and an iPod.

Why?

Ah the East coast of the US of A... so many Macs so little rain!